part 8- night princess

I tided all my things in my new room at Nate's. Brittany welcomed me really kindly, she made sure I'm ok with them and this particular situation. I'm very grateful though. It's already the day after and I haven't seen Nate for these two days because he's gone to his college to get some order in his dormitory because school is going to start soon. He will come home every day but sometimes he has to stay at his college. He's studying to become an aerospace engineer and after graduation I want to study biomedical engineering. I'm already making plans for us by myself... Nono I mustn't think about future-our future- OUR FUTURE? Am I crazy? I mean... those were just kisses and I'm already making films in my mind. I take my AirPods out their cover and put them in my ears, I wanna listen to some music. I love Taylor Swift and I start my playlist. "King of my heart" is the first song that comes on. That's so beautiful. I have the volume at maximum and I am immersed in the abyss of poetry of this song which makes me dream and imagine a perfect world while I close my eyes and lie down on the bed.
Instantly the door shuts, it's Hardin. Uhm that's crazy. He isn't in good relations with Nate despite he defended him at the party. "Hardin! Hi! Why are you here?".
"Oh hi I came here to talk with you about Brooke. I noticed that you and her often hang out with Austin and he's a nice guy too... I think you understand what I mean. This morning they were on the phone together and she was laughing like crazy. Then...you know they often go out together and it seems to me that she is very taken with him." Austin Greco is our bestfriend since three years and he's really smart. I know he's cute but me and Brooke don't feel anything for him and I'm sure about this. We're a great trio. It takes a while to me to respond to him because it's very strange that he came here to talk to me about Brooke and Austin. I didn't know they were so close- more than me and Austin I mean- and I'm a bit surprised. "Hardin, listen: us three have been best friends for ages and we are still now. There's nothing between Brooke and Austin from what I know, but if their friendship is a problem for you maybe you should talk with her about this."
He nods yes to me and sits on the bed and then lies down resting his arms behind his head.
"I've never been in love, but I might be this time Rachel. I'm afraid". I look at him and I move on my stomach, moving my feet up and down. It's so cute from him to talk about Brooke that way. I would love someone ho talks about me like this.
"Anyway how's it going with Nate? You two are like perfect together". "Oh uhm we're not together like girlfriend and boyfriend. I like him very much and he told me he feels the same. I don't have news from him since two days though." I say as I scratch my head and think back to when he kissed me in my room. It was magical, just me and him without thoughts, reflections too complex for two guys looking for the right person.
"Don't worry. It will work you'll see. You know I would like to have a relationship with him. I know that for Nate I'm the reason his family broke up, and I'm sorry." I look at Hardin kindly. I have never seen this version of him. So vulnerable and sensitive. "I'm sure Nate's gonna love you if you say these things to him. You two will be a great couple of brothers." And I give him a shoulder. He stands up getting ready to leave my room and the house. I stop him and say, "Hardin, don't worry about Brooke. I think she knows she's lucky to have you."
"Thank you Rachel, bye" and I get up to make sure he closes the door properly.
I recline on my bed keeping listening to Taylor Swift while I get a call. It's Nate. Oh no not now, I don't wanna respond. I ignore the call and after some minutes I fall asleep.
Some hours later I wake up and I look at my phone: 7 calls missed from Nate Scott. The guy is persistent huh? Anyway I decide to call him back.
"What happened to you, I've been calling you for 2 hours. You can't make me worry like this" he screams in the phone.
"I fell asleep, sorry. Nate I miss you when are you coming home?" I say with a sleepy voice.
"I miss you too princess. I'll be home tonight. How was your day?" he asks me gently.
"Oh that was alright, not much happened. What about you?" I don't wanna talk about Hardin. It's better if they discuss their relationship together.
"Mhm you know a lot of girls hit on me. But none of them was beautiful as you girlie..." he says laughing. He makes me feel so good and appreciated. I have butterflies in my stomach.
"Babe I have to go to dinner, your mother is calling me. Goodnight" I say after Brittany shouted my name so many times that I imagine she developed tonsillitis.
"Night princesses".

ps: Hi and that's the end of the 8th part. Please let me know what do you think about this story. Thank you for reading this though. Let me know your advice for the story if you have some. Thank you very much. I'll publish the next part soon, byeee! ~ author