0| "𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘯"

"GARDEN OF EDEN"(PROLOGUE)fun fact: this book was originally going to be hazbin hotel AND helluva boss, but i scrapped the helluva characters Big warning for Christian religious imagery and stuff•••

"GARDEN OF EDEN"
(PROLOGUE)
fun fact: this book was originally going to be hazbin hotel AND helluva boss, but i scrapped the helluva characters
Big warning for Christian religious imagery and stuff
•••

Heaven, from the moment of its creation, has always been the vision of perfection. Everyone worked in unison, never fought or disagreed, bonded by their loyalty and love for their creator. Then, God's favorite 'archangel', though probably possessing a rank even higher than that, Lucifer, began to have thoughts unlike any of his peers. He began to spread his nonsensical ideas to the others, explaining how, with the creation of humanity, the humans should be granted 'free will'. To be given the choice to fall to holy arms or to not, to let their own individual lives lead them down whatever path suited for them. To have the ability to say 'no', to create their own works, to encourage art and science and to let the humans have full control of their own fates.

It worried you.

Neglecting to consider Lucifer's lofty ideas, God created from the dust of the Earth, Adam and Lilith. Adam and Lilith were to fall in love, to reproduce and begin to populate the Earth. While given the free will to think for themselves, the freedom of spirituality was not a luxury they were given. To disobey their creator was not an option, nor a consideration.

You could tell that Lucifer was planning something... that he was having thoughts he shouldn't. You often found him sitting on the edge of Heaven itself, gazing longingly at the world below. You never said anything, however, only watched him watch.

Until today.

You find Lucifer where he's been the last week or so, staring at his hands. As you get closer, you realize that in his palms he's projecting the activity of Adam and Lilith, watching them with a curiosity only he possesses.

"The humans are doing well, I hope?" You smile softly, advancing toward him and taking a seat beside him. Your wings stretch out before folding against your back.

"She's refused to submit to him." Lucifer whispers breathlessly, pushing his hands forward. The imagery once on his palms instead appears in the sky before you, images of a beautiful blonde woman arguing with a handsome brunette man. You lean forward, your smile morphing into a focused pout. "He wants to be the leader, but she wants to be his equal, instead."

"Oh." You look at the blonde angel beside you, admiring the way his lips curl into a dreamy smile. "Good for her."

"She's beautiful." He says, grinning wider and resting his cheek in his palm, gazing up at Lilith's image in the clouds.

Some time passes, and when you next hear of Lucifer's dreams, it's anything but good. Asked by your creator to descend to the Earth and persuade the humans against Lucifer's fantastical temptation, 'no' is not a word in your vocabulary when given a command.