2| "𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘵"

"PERFECTIONIST"•••

"PERFECTIONIST"
•••

"The obviously... long... path of work we have ahead of us, aside," You begin, trailing your gaze from sinner to sinner. "I believe you all owe me introductions, yes?"

The angry woman crosses her arms and turns her head. "Vaggie." She says. You narrow your eyes slightly, but say nothing.

"Hi, I'm Niffty!" Exclaims a tiny woman, short and thin with a singular eye. You flinch as she jumps up onto you, grabbing at your collar and her feet pressing against your stomach. "Are you a bad boy? Hehehe..."

"Hardly." You reply, grabbing her by the nape of her neck and holding her up awkwardly. Charlie giggles nervously and takes her out of your hand.

"I'm Angel Dust, but you can call me whatever you want." The feminine man from before coos, grinning proudly and leaning forward in his seat, putting a hand over the fluff on his chest. The bartender opposite him rolls his eyes, but doesn't speak.

"And I am Alastor, the host of this fine hotel!" Exclaims a man adorned in the most red you've ever seen, stepping forward proudly and grabbing your hand without waiting for you to accept it, shaking it. "A pleasure to meet you! I must say, you are much more serious than I expected. Are angels not supposed to be more... how do you say, wacky and chipper?"

Your eye twitches and you yank your hand out of his, wiping it off on your jacket, making his seemingly permanent smile tighten. "Maybe the others, but I can't afford wacky antics when there's always work to be done. I especially can't partake in such casualty around sinners." You sigh dramatically, looking him up and down. "Not to worry, in any case... I'll have you and everyone else here singing hymns and sprouting halos in no time."

"Ahaha!" The man, Alastor, laughs, and a laughtrack plays from the microphone-staff in his hand. "I have to admit, I didn't expect such a noteworthy figure in Heaven to believe in Charlie's unique vision." He cocks his head to the side with a sickening 'snap', and you scowl. "Are you not afraid that you're wasting your time?"

"Yes, well, whether they're sent to Heaven or not, seeking self-betterment, or in my case, assisting with it, is never a bad idea." You scoff. "You said you're the host? No wonder poor Morningstar has so few guests, I'd hardly call you a welcoming face."

Alastor's eyes narrow and his smile twitches, yet remains plastered to his face.

"We were trying to film a new commercial for Charlie after Alastor butchered the first one." Vaggie explains to you, interrupting the brewing argument. "But as you probably saw from Angel's horny acting, it's not going great."