1| "𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳"

"MORNINGSTAR"•••

"MORNINGSTAR"
•••

You walk down the street of Heaven Central, your hands resting politely behind your back, your wings temporarily retracted. As you move with grace and determination, you look from side to side, taking in your surroundings. Angels everywhere you look, blissfully enjoying their eternal paradise, drinking their fun little drinks and telling their fun little stories. The jubilant sights make your eyes narrow.

"Y/N? What is he doing here?"

"Shut up, he's looking this way!"

Choosing to ignore the not-so-hushed whispers of those around you, you continue observing everybody along your way. Upon spotting Adam up ahead, your hands move to the front of you, your wings unfolding and spreading out behind you. You push off the ground, flying toward him swiftly and landing right in front of him and the exorcist angel that stands obediently beside him.

"Adam," You greet, looking between him and his pretty subordinate. "Lute." You address her, as well.

"Y/N, what the fuck is up, man!?" Adam exclaims, slapping your arm, a grin spreading across his digital mask. "What're you doing here? Shouldn't you be, like, upstairs or whatever?" He nods above him, implying that you should be in your typical place before your creator, rather than Heaven Central, among the 'ordinary' angels.

"I'm just making sure that all is going smoothly." You answer, raising an eyebrow. "Where are you headed?"

"Oh- pfft. Lute's goin' to a meeting down below and I'm gonna make my appearance digitally." Adam explains with a shrug and a wave of his hand. "Because fuck that place, am I right? I mean it's just so... eurgh."

"Oh? A meeting? What for?" You ask, stepping closer to him. Adam's grin grows prouder.

"We're movin' up the next extermination—" He begins, and Lute shushes him. He clears his throat and speaks quieter. "Movin' it up to six months 'stead of a year."

You tilt your head to the side, looking at him through lidded eyes. "Is that so? You're informing..."

"Yep, letting Lucifer know that his sinners are getting slaughtered sooner than usual." Adam finishes for you, chuckling and glancing down at Lute, who rolls her eyes. "Yeah... turns out, angels can be killed, so uh... gotta take some precautions, y'know?"

You narrow your eyes. "Angels can be killed?" You ask, averting your gaze before returning it to Adam. "I'll have this meeting myself."

"What!? Why?" Adam argues. "Dude, I can fucking handle it, and I'm the fuckin' leader of the exorcists—"

"Because, Adam, you are far too brash." You insist. "Who is to say Hell will not attempt to fight back if you anger them with the news? You'll sit this one out."