Part 15: Patrimony

Viktor hands clench. "But you're human." There is no way that you are my father besides Zoran raising me. I am not of this Earth, so this has to be a joke." He scoffed. 

General Alden's gaze is intense and unwavering. "It's not a joke, Viktor. You were taken from me by your aunt. I had surgery to make my face and eyes appear more human. The Surgeons in our world were the finest. These humans are way behind the times. Anyway, I came down here with my soldiers and their families secretly and throughout time. We found their portal; Viktor, we are here covertly trying to take over this world, and I want you to be by my side." 

Viktor's body tensed. "If you're telling the truth, you mean to tell me you have been on this Earth and didn't take me back!? Viktor said through gritted teeth. Then, with his voice rising. "You left me with a fucking monster of a Father!" 

General Alden is still sitting tall, his intense gaze wavering slightly. "I know Viktor, but I needed you to be tough. You being here wasn't a part of the plan, but I am planning to give you this, literally the world. In this position of power, Viktor, you need to be tough. You need to be in control."

Viktor scoffed again, his hands clenched so tight his knuckles reddened at the edges. "Power? Do you think that makes up for leaving me with a monster? I could punch you right now," he snarled, his voice laced with barely contained fury.

General Alden sighed, a hint of impatience across his face. "You misunderstand, Viktor. It wasn't a choice to leave you. I tried. Then, When I came to Earth, I became this," He gestured vaguely. "General Alden that you see in front of you. I couldn't risk it now that we're so close. With our forces established here, I can finally offer you your birthright - a place of power by my side."

"Birthright". Viktor scoffed. "You couldn't take me with you? Or you didn't want to?" Viktor challenged, his voice laced with suspicion.

General Alden paused. "I wanted to bring you with me. Hyva, your aunt was going to ruin everything. She took you away after she caught wind of what I was doing. This is your birthright; this is what you're supposed to be. I know you feel it. 

Viktor's expression remained a mask of suspicion. "Birthright? Or a pawn in your game?" 

"The only game being played is with the humans. Look around you, Viktor. This is what weakness looks like. This world under our control would be a glorious new order."

Viktor's gaze narrowed, but a flicker of something else - curiosity maybe - danced in his eyes for a moment. "Hyva? What did she know?"

"She knew the truth," General Alden said, his voice hardening with resolve. "About our lineage, about our destiny. This world, Viktor, is ripe for the taking. Look around you," he gestured towards a hidden panel on the wall of the car that slid open, revealing a holographic display of Earth's military forces. "Weakness. Disorder. Imagine this world united under our Kingship.

Viktor mind was spinning. "This is too fucking much." Viktor's stomach was in knots. "Stop the car. Stop the fucking car!" He roared

General Alden pressed a button for the car to pull over and stop. Viktor scrambled out of the car, his mind reeling. He stumbled onto the rural grassy shoulder, the world spinning around him. Disbelief, anger, and a sliver of curiosity churned within him.

General Alden emerged from the car, a puff of cigar smoke curling from his lips. He watched Viktor with an air of detached amusement. "Viktor, calm down. I know this is a lot to take in, but we need to discuss-"

Viktor whipped around, his voice laced with raw emotion. "Discuss? Do you want to discuss conquering a planet? You left me with a monster for a father while you planned this elaborate invasion?" He doubled over, clutching his stomach, overwhelmed by the sudden revelation of his heritage.

General Alden sighed, the amusement fading from his face. He took a long drag from his cigar, and his eyes narrowed in thought. "Viktor, there's more to the story than you know. This isn't just about conquering Earth; it's about..." He hesitated, then glanced toward the car. Viktor's phone beeping notifications in fast succession. It was Lea and Emily messaging him. His expression hardened. "Seems we can continue this conversation later."

 Viktor snatched his phone from the car, the frantic beeping echoing in the tense silence. He scanned the messages, his face hardening as he read Lea's frantic pleas for him to return. "They're fighting," he choked out, clutching his head as the weight of everything crashed down on him. He spun around, his voice laced with desperation. "General, please take me back. Now!"

General Alden scoffed, a plume of cigar smoke swirling from his lips. "Fighting? These women can wait, Viktor. This is far more important."

Viktor paced a furious circle, "Important? Do you call conquering a planet important? Lea and Emily need me right now! This might have to wait, General," he said, his voice low and dangerous, "but believe me, this conversation isn't fucking over."

  His voice was laced with sarcasm: "Okay, son, let's return to the drama of two women fighting over you."General Alden smirked.

By the time General Alden and Viktor went back to the luncheon. The ladies were in the throes of a fight. Viktor looked on in exasperation. "Enough!" He bellowed with such force that Emily and Lea stopped fighting. Viktor dragged both of the ladies toward the behind of the pod bay.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" He hissed. 

Lea glared at the person who betrayed her, her voice a lethal whisper. "You piece of shit! I just had our baby!"    

Viktor felt the blood drain from his face as Lea's words echoed behind the pod bay. His mind reeled, struggling to comprehend the impossible. "What?" The word came out as a strangled whisper. Lea's eyes blazed with a fire that both terrified and confused him. "Don't play dumb, Viktor! I just had our baby!" Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over.

Emily stood frozen, her face a mask of conflicting emotions. Viktor looked between them, a desperate plea forming in his voice. "Lea, please. Explain. This can't be real."

"Yes, Viktor, I had our child; he is almost 1. I didn't tell you because you were thousands of miles away from Earth, and I couldn't message you. I was prohibited from reaching you." 

Emily looked pleadingly at Viktor. " Viktor, tell her what you told me on the moon." Viktor turned sharply at Emily. "Emily, not now!" Emily shrank away from Viktor.

Viktor took a deep breath. "Lea, Emily, this is my graduation. We are going to enjoy the rest of the fucking evening and not embarrass ourselves any further. You got that? I can't deal with all this today." Viktor turned. "Lea, I fucked up, and I'm sorry. We'll pick this up in the morning." 

General Alden, leaning on his car, smirked after finishing his cigar. "Viktor, we must talk when you get your drama sorted out. Understood?" 

Viktor nodded his head. "Understood, Sir."