1-Vael ✧

The Court of Termites is expected to arrive this afternoon.
Mom is worried, because there is still no telling what could have prompted the Undersea to attack.

I am lying on the bed, reading a mortal world magazine that Vivi brought me this morning, when the Bomb enters, breathing heavily.

When she sees me, a wave of relief crosses her face.
<<Oh my God, you are here. Where the hell have you been?!>> She tells me, frustrated.

I set down the magazine, confused.

<<Almost two days, Vael. My God. You left and never came back. Taryn is freaking out. Jude is also freaking out but she's too proud to show Cardan she's freaking out.>> She says, talking fast as she walks up and down the room.
<<We were afraid someone had kidnapped you! Do you realize the times they are going around?!>> She stops, looking at me, an exasperated look on her face.
She is alarmed but also relieved.

<<You are so dramatic. I swear, if you all become like dad I don't know how I'm going to manage you.>> I stand up, stretching, my tail unwinding.
I slip on a shirt and go to the mirror, rearranging my hair.

With my hands behind my head, I turn to face her.

<<In truth, I was convinced I had warned the High King. I thought it was enough>> I give her a wry smile, and she, without much ado, hits my shoulder.

I deserved it. I have this bad habit of telling my father things when I know perfectly well that he is not a responsible person and in any case, he would not say no to me. Sometimes being son of Cardan Greenbriar has it's advantages.

<<Ouch.>> I say, a grin on my face <<What a violent fairy, you are, Lilith>> I add, chuckling.

<<Your mother is going to kill you>> she tells me, now in a nonchalant tone, as she starts toward the door and then down the hallway. <<And I'm there for it>> she says <<You better keep your head down and your tail between your legs. And see that you put your small talk aside, or this is the time she will kill you, Vael!>> She shouts, as she disappears from my sight.

<<Funny, Lilith>> I murmur, regarding the tail comment.
People here have really bad humor.
Or maybe I'm just touchy.
Yeah, yeah, that's likely. My father's fault.

I take her threat seriously, and I hurry after her.

Once I get to the throne room, I see the High Queen coming toward me with an icy stare, followed by Taryn.

<<Vael Justin Greenbriar>> she shouts, pointing her finger at my chest.
Okay, she used my full name. I'm fucked.
<<What the hell are you thinking?! We thought something had happened to you! Where were you?!>> She says, drawing the attention of the few people present.
I make a little shrug.
She looks down, and then, without another word, lightly steps on my tail.
I swallow a groan.
<<No need to be violent, High Queen>> I murmur.

<<That hurts, Jude..>> whispers her husband, my dad, who is watching the scene with a smirk from his throne.

What an asshole.

Taryn flanks her, then immediately gives me a tight hug.

<<You cannot be serious. I was at a party. A fucking party, mom.>> I say, as I gently pull Taryn away, patting her on the shoulder.
She's so dramatic.

<<Okay, Vael, but you could have warned! We don't know what's going on between the Courts, and it's a mess out there, plus the Court of Termites is coming soon.>> She adds. <<Please, Vael, I don't want to become an overprotective mother like your aunt>> .
Taryn looks at her sullenly.