6-Nalyv 𓇼

I walk out of the castle, leaving behind the Hall, the astonished looks of the people, and Vael.
I don't know what went through my head, but the amount of trouble this will bring is unimaginable.
How does she know about Zale?
As I formulate that question, a cold chill invades my mind.
Vael.
That asshole. He told him about the proposal after hearing about it at the war meeting.
The bastard wants revenge.
The cold of the night stings my cheeks as I cross the lawn. I want to go back to the tents.
Someone's footsteps reach me, and a cold hand grabs my wrist.

<<Nalyv, stop, what the fuck>> Vael turns me toward him, with a tug.
<<You've already done enough damage for tonight, go back to fuck with your friend>> I don't know why all this makes me so angry. I free myself from his grip and start walking again.
He stands in front of me.

"What's your problem? And now why do you care who I sleep with? I know why you're mad at me. It wasn't me, who told you. I don't know anything about you and that guy, and I don't go around telling your shit, not to Beila." He is angry. The anger of all the unspoken words is reflected in his amber eyes, ready to explode like gasoline on a fire.
"I don't care who the fuck you sleep with. Just make sure to keep them away from me and from my fucking business. And how the hell does she know about Zale, then?" My voice falters.

I went too far, but she was no less. Once again, I couldn't stop myself, and now everything is going to fall apart.

"I didn't tell her." She looks into my eyes, and my shoulders relax.
He's not lying. Hell, he can't do that.

"I know I gave you the go-ahead, but you didn't have to put on a fucking theater and saying you're sleeping with me. Now, the problem is extensive and there's nothing we can do to stop it," he approaches me, his eyes full of hatred.

"Now you're trying to lay the blame on me? You're absolutely ridiculous. Next time, when you get caught red-handed, deal with it. You wanted us to be excluded from the list of suspects right off the bat, because you couldn't keep from getting caught on your way back to the Shadow Court with a fucking cloak taken from there.
I succeeded and took up a good excuse right on the place. Now, even if your mother investigates, she will exclude us from the list of suspects, because I made them think that you stayed the whole fucking night with me, so in any case, we couldn't be at the beach.
You should just thank me, for covering for us after your mess and for not killing your friend in front of the whole court." My words come out scraping, like nails on a chalkboard.
"Now I'm supposed to thank you? For a mess you created in the first place? You are unbelievable, Nalyv. You started all this. If you had self-control and common sense, you would have hidden your scent and tracks better from the beach. But you didn't. If it hadn't been for my good fortune of finding an invisibility potion in the pocket of a stolen cloak, you would have been caught and seen as a fucking traitor." He's almost screaming, as angry as I've ever seen him.
We are still on the lawn, and I don't see any guards. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't care, because I would beat him even in front of them.
"My God, I apologized to you! I apologized, I tried to make it up to you, I'm trying! Tell me, what the hell should I do? Pray to you on my knees? Give you a reassuring kiss and say "I'm sorry your highness, I won't do it again"?! I don't know what to say anymore. That's the way it is now, but nothing seems to be going right.
To be honest, if it weren't for me by now you'd be at the top of Jude Duarte's list of suspects, because you were too stupid to say "I was in the woods" in front of everyone as the first sentence of your conversation with Beila, the same conversation you were fucking screaming about, because your purpose was to be heard!" I push my hair out of my face in frustration and feel the familiar, sickening sensation rise up my throat. It takes a few seconds before words have no filter.

"It's like you said in the woods, Nalyv. I don't want to forgive you. I can't, and if you continue like this I never will. Because I want to go back to the way it was, but there's always a part of me that every time I try to get close again, thinks you deserve worse. That you don't deserve to have the relief of being forgiven." At the last word he comes out broken, his eyes glazed over, although his tone of voice continues to rage.