4-Nalyv 𓇼

Everything went wrong.

I was about to get caught, as I stood on a freaking beam in the freaking hallway, a few feet off the ground, on the freaking heads of my father and the High Queen. Damn creaking wood. If it weren't for the shadow of the hallway, they would have seen me.

And now, this.

Among all the silly scenarios I had made for myself as I walked following the spies, this happened.

I thought walking would have been more prudent, but instead it was my doom.
They were already there, on the beach, already talking with Nicasia and his mother, the Queen Orlagh. I didn't hear nothing but a few phrases and this was totally useful.
Now, I'm in a big trouble.
Too many mistakes. Covering the smell, keeping calm, don't make noise.

Did I really think that the Sea Queen would not see me? God. I want to slam my head against a wall.

<<If, otherwise, they oppose the new proposal of..->> Orlagh paused, and the beach went silent.
I felt such a sense of panic as I hear her voice freeze.

<<I thought tonight you would have the good sense not to resort to your usual deceptions>> Orlagh spoke, the voice of deadly calm, and above all, an infuriated note.

Now, I wish I could justify myself. I am impulsive, as you just saw.
And so, let me say that I did the dumbest thing of all the stupidest shit I've ever done in my life.
I turned around and started running toward the heart of the forest, my brown cloack flapping behind me.

Thinking about it now, while I'm running faster as I ever did, it's so funny.
I think back to the time when I had literally ripped a page out of a book because the main character was doing so many stupid things that I just wanted to shake her off that piece of paper and beat her up.

Someone is chasing me. In the worst case, selkies. Otherwise, spies. I don't really know what's worse.
I dodge trees and branches and sharp bushes, my bare feet after I took off my heels when I climbed up the beam in the hallway.

I mentally thank the training I secretly did in case I really had a chance to become a knight.

If I continue like this, however, the only knight I will see will be the one who kills me.

Moonlight seeps through the foliage of the trees, bringing glimmers of silver light that keep me from stumbling.
This stupid dress slows me down.
One step. Two steps. Three.

A black hooded figure pounces on me.

Great. It's not a selkie.
...Damn. It's a spy.

I fall, my hands crawling over the earth and the roots.

Now, as the spy turns me on my back and pins me against the ground, I almost hope she punches me. Maybe even kill me, because she thinks I'm a traitor or something like that.
Hey, I just ruined any possibility of whatever peace treaty between the Court of Termites and the Undersea they were talking about. I somehow deserve it.

This was a stupid idea.
I try to sneak out, but the hooded figure covers my mouth and uses his body weight to pin me down.

With a wave of his hand, he pulls off his hood and...
My eyes meet his.

My breathing is heavy and a chill bites through my back.

Vael Greenbriar's eyes sparkle with the purest rage, capable of burning whole forests and destroying every blade of grass.

What the heck..?!

I can tell from his pounding heart that he shouldn't be here either.

Did we have the same idea, tonight?