Chapter 3

RHOGON ||

Mateo and Zayne decided to cook instead of all of us going out for dinner. It was a welcomed thing. I much preferred my mates' cooking to only Goddess knows what, takes place in the kitchens of those restaurants.

I find myself smiling as I float around the kitchen, watching Mateo and Zayne adore each other and their fated bond. They were the only ones in the house that had been blessed enough to find their fated and it brought me great joy to see them interact.

I couldn't wait to have that for Hendrix and Jett. Me, on the other hand, I was ok with not having my fated. I had enough chosen mates. This was good for me.

"Drix, Jetty, can you set the table?" Zayne asks from his position by the stove as he starts to plate up the steaks.

My eyes shift to Hendrix and Jett in the livingroom, sprawled across the sectional as they fight over a serious battle of something on their gaming system. I never understood their obsession with it. I wasn't a big gamer but to them, that thing was better than air sometimes.

"Aww come on, just let us finish this game." Hendrix gripes, his fingers still working on the controller.

"We're almost done. We can set it after I beat Henny's butt." Jett laughs and my eyes widen when I see Mateo's head turn around so fast, I thought he would get whiplash.

Taking off his shoe, I do a combination of a snort and a yelp as I duck along with Zayne when Mateo throws the weaponized shoe in the livingroom, perfectly hitting both of our defiant mates.

"Ow! Tayo, Goddess!" Hendrix growls, rubbing the back of his head.

"That one hurt!" Jett whimpers, rubbing his shoulder and I snort when Mateo sends them a look that meant either his other shoe was coming off or he was going to grab his wooden spoon.

"You two better do what he said before that other shoe comes off." I laugh, picking myself up and off the floor just as Zayne gets back to his feet as well.

"Better yet, do what he said before my baby grabs that damn spoon." Zayne's boisterous laugh fills the room.

"Tayo, no throwing in the house." Jett giggles and when Mateo sends him a look, he grabs the wooden spoon right after.

"No me hagas azotarte." Mateo threatens, waving the wooden spoon towards Jett and all that does is make Jett giggle a little more.

"Don't threaten me with a good time, I like spankings, Papi." Jett whispers seductively, doing a little shimmy with his shoulders and I shake my head before addressing my crazy men.

"Let's get the food on the table before there's a problem in this kitchen." I instruct, grabbing the salad bowl from Zayne.

"Si." Mateo mumbles, putting the rice in a bowl and asparagus on a plate.

"You're all just a bunch of dumbasses." Hendrix chuckles, now walking right behind Mateo with the bowl of mashed potatoes.

"Wouldn't want another incident like that food fight when we took Jett right here in this kitchen." Zayne growls and then there's a chorus of whoops and hollers from Hendrix and Jett alike.

Horny beasts.

"That's enough out of you." I scold playfully, nudging Zayne with my shoulder.

When we all finally get settled around the table, it's loud voices, boisterous laughs and food being devoured as usual. The only one who had any couth about themselves while having a meal was Mateo, but that was ok. These were my men - my family - and this is what I've come accustomed to.