Chapter 5 - Between Hope and Darkness

I went back :)

Don't forget to comment at the end of the chapter and in parts you find interesting :)

Tower of Heroes, located in the heart of Seoul.

On the 103rd floor of this headquarters of the Hero Association, Yun Seung-Ah was reading the records of the recent unauthorized incident. The video she was watching was filmed by the museum camera that luckily wasn't destroyed during the fight. Naturally, it contained the battle between the two Cube cadets and a Djinn.

Although she was a bit hesitant, knowing she could get into trouble if they found out, she was too curious about him to let it pass.

"Wow..."

She watched in amazement as the battle between the Djinn and the cadet she was curious about, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, began.

At first, it wasn't a fight but rather a complete beatdown that the Djinn received from Cadet Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. No matter how much she thought about it, the power behind those blows wasn't normal, as they were capable of injuring the Djinn. And it wasn't just that that caught her attention.

"So many martial arts..."

How on earth could a cadet fight like that?

"Karate, Aikido, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, and Kung fu," she listed all the martial arts she noticed him using in that small fight against the Djinn.

Her eyes widened.

Unlike Koreans who age 1 year at birth, Japanese don't. Since he was Japanese, he was only 16 years old.

"Is it possible to learn so many martial arts being so young...?"

It was simply ridiculous.

Not even she had half the knowledge he had about martial arts. Moreover, he seemed to use these same martial arts with such proficiency that only a master should be able to wield them, at only 16 years old.

"It doesn't make sense."

When did he start training to be able to learn so many martial arts? It had to be very early. So early that she found it hard to believe. She thought of all the different possibilities to explain this without it being through pure training.

The most acceptable explanation would be that he had a Gift, a Talent that made him proficient in various martial arts. However, there was something that made her less certain about it.

She checked all the available files about him, which weren't much, just his time at the Military Academy of Agents, where he was Rank: 1724. However, the records showed that he used a sword as his main weapon; he apparently never fought unarmed.

"Although I can't fully believe these records..."

After all, the Japanese government itself seems to be trying to hide the existence of this boy.

Firstly, he used a sword at the Military Academy of Agents. Secondly, he switched to a revolver, a firearm in Cube's primary weapon selection. And lastly, he appears to be fighting a damn Djinn in hand-to-hand combat, demonstrating a great knowledge of martial arts.

Moreover, there's the fact that he healed from a fatal wound out of nowhere. The wound simply closed as if it had never existed. It didn't seem to be any kind of magic she knows. She had never seen anything like it.

"It really doesn't make sense."

Nothing about this boy makes any sense. The more she thinks about it, the more confused she gets about the whole situation.