Chapter 10.

Landon stood in the elevator, his finger hovering over the button to go down. It was late, and he just wanted to go home after a long day at the office. The doors began to slowly slide shut when he suddenly heard the sound of hurried footsteps. He looked up and saw Hanna approaching in his peripheral vision, her face contorted in a frantic expression.

"Wait!" she called out, her voice sharp and urgent as she quickened her pace to catch the elevator.

But it was too late. Just as Hanna seemed to reach the elevator, the doors mercilessly closed in front of her. An exclamation of frustration escaped her lips, and without thinking, she cursed out the unknown person in the elevator as a "stupid jerk."

Landon, on the other side of the closed doors, raised an eyebrow in surprise at hearing Hanna's words. What had he done to deserve this? He couldn't help but chuckle at her impulsive reaction.

But just as Hanna had resigned herself to waiting for the next elevator, the doors unexpectedly slid open again. Her eyes widened in surprise as she saw Landon standing there, a grin on his face and a questioning look in his eyes.

"So, what did you just call me?" he asked, his tone slightly teasing as he looked at her.

Hanna felt caught off guard, her cheeks flushing slightly with embarrassment. "That's none of your business," she snapped at him, her voice sharp and defensive.

Landon couldn't suppress a grin at her reaction. "Oh, but I am curious," he teased further, enjoying her discomfort.

A wave of frustration washed over Hanna as she saw his amused look. "It's none of your business, Landon," she repeated, her tone even sharper than before.

But Landon wasn't so easily deterred. "Come on, Hanna, you can tell me," he insisted, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

Hanna's lips curled into a challenging smirk as Landon continued to press. "You seriously don't think I'm going to tell you anything, Landon," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she stared him down.

Landon rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Typical Hanna," he muttered, almost inaudibly, but just loud enough for her to hear.

Fire flashed in Hanna's eyes at his remark. "What do you mean by that?" she snapped at him, her voice sharp and indignant.

But before Landon could respond, he suddenly decided to take action. With a swift motion, he pressed the emergency button in the elevator. A shrill bell sounded through the cabin as the elevator abruptly came to a halt, and suddenly they were surrounded by a heavy, awkward silence.

Hanna stared at Landon with wide eyes, her mouth half-open in disbelief. "What did you do?" she asked, her voice almost a whisper as she looked at him.

Landon crossed his arms over his chest and looked at her seriously. "What are we even doing, Hanna?" he asked, his tone slightly irritated. "We're just insulting each other in an elevator. It's ridiculous."

Hanna felt caught off guard by his direct question and sighed deeply. "You're right," she admitted finally, her voice softer now, almost resigned. "This is ridiculous."

Landon's lips curled into a mischievous grin as he looked at Hanna, his eyes sparkling with challenge. Without saying a word, he stepped closer, his movements confident and determined. Hanna felt a mix of irritation and excitement coursing through her as she realized what he was about to do.

Before she could protest, Landon placed his hands firmly on her shoulders and roughly pulled her towards him. With a sudden motion, he pressed his lips against hers, not tenderly like in a romantic moment, but hard and challenging.

Hanna's eyes widened in surprise as she experienced his kiss, her heartbeat pounding wildly in her chest. A wave of conflicting emotions overwhelmed her - anger, desire, frustration - but somewhere deep inside, she felt a spark of excitement that she couldn't deny.

Landon eventually pulled away, his breathing heavy as he looked at her with a mixture of challenge and amusement. "That'll teach you to challenge me, Hanna," he growled, his voice slightly hoarse with excitement.

Hanna stared at him with wide eyes, her lips still tingling from his kiss. A flash of desire surged through her before she suppressed it and assumed her usual attitude of arrogance. "You're an arrogant jerk, Landon," she hissed.