Chapter 26 Shrine Of Healing

"Sure," Jie said, "allow me to help you to the healers. I'm sorry for hurting you so much."

Pan Tian frowned and stared into Jie's eyes like she was trying to decode the secrets of the universe.

"You really are sorry, aren't you? Why?" Pan Tian asked.

Jie walked with the older girl, letting herself be used for support as Pan Tian hobbled along.

"Well... I hurt you?" Jie said, unsure of what else to say.

Pan Tian laughed. "So? That's what happens. It's not like I'm dead. You're so weird," she said.

Jie pouted slightly. "How am I weird?" she said.

Pan Tian chuckled again though it looked like it hurt. Jie helped her out of the arena and onto the training room floor and the two began their way down the stairs to the floors below.

"You're so domineering... your aura is like a frozen sword. Cold and sharp. Your power is... ridiculous. I normally spar on the higher floors. I can't believe how strong you are.

"You're like a monster pretending to be a sweet little girl... but then you act like you really are sweet and gentle. I don't think I've ever had anyone apologize for hurting me in a sparring session before. That's just what happens," Pan Tian said.

The two girls left the training hall and started on the way to the Shrine of Healing.

"Pan Tian... could I ask you a bit of an awkward question?" Jie asked.

The older girl raised an eyebrow. "Is that the awkward question?" she teased.

"No," Jie said suddenly feeling embarrassed, "It's just... I've never met anyone who looks like you. Are you a satyr? Where are you from?"

Jie was certain that the question came out strangely, but meeting someone straight out of Greek mythology on an alien world had her feeling more than a little curious.

"I'm a member of the illustrious Pan family of course," Pan Tian said with false arrogance that gave way to a brilliant smile, "we have several holdings in this region. And it's not that strange a question. Satyrs are quite rare on Xiannu. The story goes that our ancestor was a god-ranked cultivator that traveled to Xiannu from a distant world and lived here for a while. He founded our clan and started our family... but then he left. The family elders have different theories about where he went... I don't think anybody really knows."

Jie hadn't thought much of Pan Tian's family name at first but now... she found herself wondering if Pan Tian's ancestor had made his way to Earth. Perhaps others had done so too...

Are the mythologies back on Earth... real? Or at least based in reality? Jie thought. It seemed insane, but then Ming had arrived on her world and he was a god... so was it really all that crazy?

Jie shook those thoughts aside and tried to refocus her attention on her conversation with the older girl.

"So, you have a divine bloodline?" Jie asked.

"I guess so. Doesn't stop me from getting my butt kicked by upstart brats at a lower cultivation though," Pan Tian said with a pointed look at Jie, "So where are you from?"

"Why do you ask?" Jie said.

"Oh, come on. I answered your question. And you're clearly not from around here. You speak and act so differently... even your accent is odd, and I've never heard of the Liu family. So, tell me, where are you from?" she asked.

Jie hesitated for a moment. Ming had stressed before that she shouldn't tell people she was from another world. But, if she denied it altogether it would be laughably easy to prove she was lying, and then the question would be what she had to hide.