First encounter

It's the first day of your new job as a barista, and God forbid anything goes right today.

As you lethargically get out of bed, throwing the sheets off yourself, you decide to pick out an outfit before anything else, because why the fuck not. You decided on a long-sleeved top with a blue rose design, along with a midi-length plaid skirt, before beginning the mental battle with yourself to take the dreaded shower you put off the night before.

'okay, I showered. That wasn't so bad, I guess'

You thought to yourself as you put on the set of clothes you had picked out before, still having the drained expression on both your physical form and mental form. You went downstairs to make a quick breakfast along with some coffee, except it was already 10 minutes past when you were supposed to leave the house. Shit man, who cares, coffee is a must at this point. You hastily brew a cup of coffee with the coffee machine you've had since your high school ages, and bring it to work while it's still piping hot.

After a few minutes of rushing the taxi driver and being completely lost in the cafe, you eventually reached the place you were working at. Oddly enough, the cafe's name was "La Bleu Rose", which meant "The Blue Rose" and it matched the outfit you picked out pretty well. You walked in from the front door, looking around for some other employees and specifically the manager.

"uhh.. excuse me, do you work here?" You anxiously said to one of the waitresses passing by. She had black hair, with a darker shade of turquoise for the inner parts and ends. She stopped by for a moment still holding a tray of desserts and drinks, supposedly still on the shift, and it doesn't look like she'll get tired anytime soon.

"..? ..sorry, no English." Shit. She doesn't speak English. "so.. what language do you speak?" The waitress doesn't respond immediately, taking some time to decipher and translate what you said to her into her native language.

"uhh.. I speak Japanese.. そういう言い方ですか?(is that how you say it?)"

What in the Ronald McFucking language barrier?? Whatever, you internally commented, and tried to figure out what she said like how she did with your speech. Eventually, you two come to an agreement that she works there, and she would show you around on her break

[About 15 minutes later]

The waitress you talked to earlier is now on break, as she went over to the tables to search for you. She walked around the cafe for a while, before she bumped into you trying to self-serve yourself some coffee, so she tapped you on the shoulder and made a "follow me"-like motion with her hands

You quickly faced her direction out of panic from just a tap on the shoulder, and frantically turned off the coffee machine to follow her like she requested. Though you couldn't help but stare at the turquoise parts of her hair, you shrugged it off as just another intrusive thought

Eventually the both of you reach the staff's break room, which was right next to the public restrooms for the customers. She took off the keychain on her skirt which was holding a few different keys for different purposed, and tried a few before finally getting the door to open.

Whenever the waitress would walk around or move a certain way, the bell attached to the keychain would jingle and ring in your ears nicely.

'damn, she's pretty... wait a minute.'

You had to mentally and spiritually fight off some gay ass thoughts about the waitress, you didn't even know her name yet. Through all of that, you had still been mindlessly following her as she tried her best to explain each room in English. If anything, you thought it was kinda cute that she was making the effort to help you.

After some thoughtless nodding and trying your best to understand the waitress, you eventually built up the courage to ask for her name, you can't just refer to her as "the waitress" all the time.

"Sorry, what's your name? I'm Y/N"

"ehh..? uhm.. I'm Chando, nice to meet you."

ohmygodshessocutewtfimturninggayforthiswoman grr bark bark woof arf arf grr woof arf grr bark bark woof bark grr barknarkbarksndlrnsksjdktksjd.. anyway.

You nodded at the sound of her name, making a mental note to remember it from now on. You two eventually part ways as she continues serving customers, and you start to get the hang of being a barista.

[Around 6 long hours later]

Thank the gods your shift was about to be over soon, as you already felt your hands going numb and your legs giving up on themselves, though there were about 5 minutes left to wrap up the day and clean the counters.

With the last grain of energy you have, you wipe the counters clean, as you start to see some other employees walk out from their respective stations and end their shift. Your eyes fell to the waitress- I mean, Chando, as she packed up her bags and went over to leave the cafe.

"Wait-"

"..?" She stopped in her tracks, turning her head a little to face your direction, albeit a bit confused

"..can I have your number?"

"...number..? ..like phone number?"

You nodded frantically as she pulled out her phone from her pocket, scrolling through a few apps before clicking on her contacts, she then approached you and handed over her phone for you to write down her number.

With a nervous heart, you do so, putting her number into your own contacts, and naming her's "Chando 🧋". You handed her phone back to her, and gave a slight bow out of instinct as she left the cafe to go home.

-- tbc <3
★-♪-★-♪-★-♪-★-♪-★-♪-★-♪

hi pookies I have no idea how to write a fanfic, pls correct me if anything seems off 🙏🔥

btw these might be slower than ur usual book bc I'm currently being tortured by my school

sincerely
- Zye, a fellow 🇮🇩 adomin