Not again...

"Good morning!" Definitely doesn't sound like something you'd say even if it was a good morning, it's always more like "when will this end.". Well anyway, you surprisingly woke up earlier than usual today, with 30 minutes to spare and actual fuel for the day ahead. With that, you went with the same old routine you've been repeating for 3 years, taking time to pick out an appropriate outfit for work before going to shower. Let's be honest, a cold shower right after waking up will never be a good idea, but honestly? You're too sleepy to care, and that's that.

Right after your dragged-out cold shower, you received a notification from your messages again. Although you had your notifications on silent, the fact that you were on your phone half the time kinda helps with noticing notifications that come in every so often. As you picked up your beloved phone with your hair still damp and your hands half drenched in water, you stared at the notification for a few seconds. It's my belove- ahem, it's Chando.

Chando🧋: Good Morning Y/N !!!!!

Are my eyes deceiving me? Is Chando actually learning more English for me?! ermm.. what the sigma. Enough of that, you eventually come up with an actually coherent response, instead of a keyboard smash only your friends would understand- wait, what friends. Anyways...

Y/N ⭐: hii goodmorning chando !!

Chando🧋: i gonna see you later !! very happy !

If you thought today was gonna be boring, you thought wrong. Even the smallest crumb of your language being spoken by the adorable Chando was enough to give you energy to get through your shift. You smiled at the message for a few moments, before realizing you needed to get back in business, since you don't have all the time in the world before work. You quickly typed up a response to not leave her hanging, before sending it without spellchecking or even thinking twice.

Y/N ⭐: sorry i gtg, see u later

Although it wasn't the best message to send to someone who couldn't speak that much English, it was still a message, a heads-up of some sort. Finishing your routine, you went down to make the usual boring breakfast, some coffee and a sandwich made of whatever was left in the fridge. Occasionally, you'd have a nice chocolate sandwich with sprinkles, but time is money, and you're pretty much broke.

Besides the fact you almost choked on said sandwich and coughed it out, you took off from your home to go back to your new 2nd home, La Bleu Rose cafe. On the taxi there, the driver kept asking obnoxious questions about your personal life.. like, hello?? do i know you??? Instead of actually answering the questions, you gave him the weirdest story your half awake brain could come up with.

"What do you do for a living?" he asked, that voice is genuinely so.. ick.

Your answer was "Oh, I work as a professional skater." ...what.

And you went on like this for every question thrown at you, giving nothing but white lies weird enough to get someone to back off. Oddly enough, your mostly introverted self actually had fun doing this, since you haven't met this person, and it's a very slim chance you'll meet again. It's not like he'll remember anyway, he's just a taxi driver..

After about 20 minutes on the road, you arrived at your workplace safely and tipped the driver an extra $5, before departing from the taxi to enter the cafe once again. Immediately, you're greeted by a familiar waitress on standby, who gave you a nice genuine smile instead of the customer service one, along with a short wave with one hand. why is that so cute bro I'm folding.

You managed to stop your own thoughts again, returning the greeting and giving a slight bow in her direction. You then went over to your station, cleaning up and preparing some ingredients in advance as to not take up time later on. While doing this, you caught yourself staring at Chando for a few moments in between waiting for the machines to do it's job. It made you think, what is this fanciable magnificent stunning dashing glamorous pulchritudinous beauty making me think. Why is it unprofessional.

By the time you've gotten everything ready, the first customer has already arrived, opening the glass doors and causing the little entry bell to be ring. You forced yourself to give them the customer service smile, with the usual greeting and "what would you like to order today?". This time, it actually went well, with them ordering their drink and receiving it a few minutes later.

Little did you (and the other employees) know, there was a 'regular' customer, basically a karen coming your way. The displeasing woman slams the glass door open, almost causing it to shatter, before attempting to skip the line and get to the front. She went with the usual excuse, pushing other people to the side mid-order and strictly saying;

"I need a iced chai tea latte, one pump brown sugar, one and a half pump vanilla, half an extra sugar cube, extra caramel drizzle and stir instead of mix. Trust me, I can tell the difference."

If you weren't paying attention, you honestly would've thought she was trying to rap in Korean. But anyways, you just stared into her soul, keeping the same slightly infuriated smile as you asked her to repeat her order.

"I said I'm in a rush." she started, "an iced chai tea latte, with-"

You cut her off right after that, the tone of voice along with how she weirdly emphasizes on it as if you were a toddler really pissed you off, as you just pressed whatever you could catch in her order earlier. And maybe some decaf too.

"Okay, will that be all today?" You replied with an equally annoying tone, replicating her slowed down voice made for communicating with literal babies. She then rolled her eyes and ran off to the payment section, as you started making her order in the back. You decided to purposefully mess up her order, adding an extra pump of everything instead of whatever she wanted.. and like 3 pumps of decaf, but it's whatever.

Once you were done, you passed over the drink to the waiter's and waitress's pickup section, waiting for someone to pick it up. Thank God it wasn't Chando who served it to that rude lady, she probably would've been yelled at.. you sighed, going back to your station to keep working.

By the time your shift ends, it's already about 4 p.m and you've interacted enough with Chando to keep yourself sane for the rest of the day.. or week, who knows. As you pack up to leave the cafe, Chando calls you over by your name, waving her right hand as the other is holding her bag. Curiously, you approach her, although maybe you shouldn't get too close... right?

"I very proud of you today! you learn many Japanese and I learn many English! thank you.."

It took you a bit to process what she was saying, but eventually it worked out anyways. While you were about to respond, she cuts you off by giving you a short peck on the cheek. Oh my God.

"I- wh- uhh.. thank you too..?" You nervously choked out, you were expecting a hug, maybe just a thumbs up, but a kiss?? on the cheek???? My god, your luck is definitely skyrocketing with how much you've been interacting with her. She then looked at you with her head slightly tilted, as cute as a little puppy begging for a treat. Before you accidentally slipped out how you felt, she shrugged, smiling and waving once more as she left the cafe.

You sat there for a good 5 minutes, genuinely getting butterflies in your stomach as you thought about her more. Afterwards, you finally made the decision to leave the cafe, holding your phone in one hand and your water bottle in the other as you walked home.

★-♪-★-♪-★-♪-★-♪-★-♪-★-♪

YALL IM SORY FOR THE DELAAYYYYY I MADE THIS ONE LONGER TO COMPENSATE 😭😭ILL TRY MAKING SEPARATE ONESHOTS IF THERES ANY DELAY LONGER THAN A WEEK NOWS

anw pooks i hope u like the lesbians kissing muach (im not gay i swear)

-Zye <3

Wordcount: 1378 words