An Unbelievable Betrayal and More

"So what's the plan of attack?", Krishna whisper asked as Medhasvini, Krishna and Subhadra huddled together.

"We should commence after the main ceremony right? You know.... like having the last word.", Subhadra suggested.

"You have prepared the water buckets right? "

"Yes Jiji", the younger siblings replied.

"Ok.... so we act normal, we can't let them get a whiff of our plan. Remember, we let everything happen and stay normal. Key word, normal. Please don't make things obvious.", Kridha instructed.

"Aye aye captain"

"Where were you three...?", Balram eyed them with suspicion.

"Eating, like normal people.", Krishna replied in a jiffy, winking not so subtly at Medhasvini. She mentally facepalmed herself.

"He hit his head on one of the pillars on his way, that's why we got late.", she dead-panned.

"Ahh..makes sense.", Balram's realisation sent Subhadra in a fit of giggles as Kanha looked offended.

"Move move move move!"

"Mata?!", the siblings exclaimed. There stood the two queens of Dwaraka, in all their glory, looking as radiant as ever.

"What?", she asked a little irritated at potential delay.

"You...here?", Kridha frowned.

"It's our son's wedding, so what we will not be able to see the actual wedding ceremony, we still have the right to attend the pre-wedding rituals.", Maharani Rohini became defensive.

"I didn't me-"

"You will understand the day you become a mother.", the final emotional blow was served in a silver platter with a touch of blackmail by Mata Devaki.

"I am not even married!", but she was conveniently ignored by both. 

All married woman present became busy with the ceremony. The three youngsters stood in a corner, occasionally snickering at Balram's helpless situation as he was smothered in the turmeric paste that looked like it was going to stain for sure....you know, quite like how you marinate a chicken. It was followed by the holy bath, with which it came to an end.

.......Or perhaps not.

"I don't know what you have planned, but have fun, one day I will to.", he grumbled as Krishna, Medha and Subhadra made sure all adults were out.

"What makes you think we have something planned?", Subhadra's eyes widened, sounding surprised.

 The crease on his forehead increased ten-fold, his look lacking trust.

"You look terrifying that way, don't frown or else Revati will run away even before marrying. And as for that 'one day', that ain't coming any time soon for me.", Medhasvini chuckled disbelievingly. 

A small smirk grew on Balram's face,

"Won't it really?", and before she knew it, Medha felt some kind of paste smeared on her face over the cold plunge of water poured on her.

She stood flabbergasted, still unable to digest what just happened. 

"Who planned this betrayal?", she asked in a dangerously calm voice which put a stop to the laughter. Two fingers pointed at the second-eldest as he looked alarmed with guilt.

"I had the responsibility of giving the turmeric paste from the groom's family to the bride's!", Aadya shouted at such intensity that the others couldn't help but flinch.