Fluff Request 1: That Violet Disciple

Playcare, some years ago.

Padded cells muffled the captive's haggard breaths. That violet disciple was nearby. The tip of his tail twitched with each drip of fresh blood that leaked from filthy orange flesh onto the rocks below.

The captive began to wake. His binds creaked as he tried to lessen the pain in his arms. He lifted his head. The collar clawed into his neck, stifling his voice and breath.

"H-help...." He stopped. His voice sounded unfamiliar to him. He recalled the agonized howls that failed to drown out the sound of his body being torn apart; it was a marvel he had a voice at all.

That violet disciple made his presence known, turning his silver eyes on the captive.

The captive's heart began to race. Those dark claws, still bloodstained, tore the air from his chest without touching him.

"Let... me die.... Why won't you... kill... me... like the others...? K-kill me.... End it...."

That violet disciple stared in silence. The captive was emboldened by desperation. "Let me die...! Why won't you kill me? Let me die... let me die... it hurts too much..."

Moving like a shadow through water, that violet disciple threaded his body into the cell and looked down on the captive from a whisker's length away.

"Why?" the captive begged, shuddering from tears he could not shed.

That violet disciple drew in a breath.

"Please, no! N-not again!"

Pleas unheeded, a red cloud spilled forth and enveloped the captive. His cries increased and the leather binds strained, then with a final rasping whimper he hung listless.

That violet disciple purred and crept into his hidden den to sleep, satisfied in knowing the captive was safe for a day more.

~~

The angel was eating again. DogDay passively watched as Yin added another empty can to the existing row. CatNap was sitting next to said row of cans and carefully crushing each one under his claws. Sometimes the can pancaked straight into itself, other times it would escape the pressure and shoot across the room. With one can, CatNap stared at it for a few seconds, then lined up his hand and flicked it far across the room where it clattered down some unseen catwalk.

When it was clear the room wasn't going to provide other sources of stimulation, CatNap stood up, did a big stretch, and left for the plaza.

DogDay followed him, assuring the angel he'd stay out of trouble.

"CatNap, wait!"

The cat slowed and looked back. "What is it?"

"I just wanted to walk with you."

"Alright."

The two toys walked across the upper tier of the plaza, weaving around rubble and picking their way over broken sidewalk.

Eventually, CatNap stopped and sat down. He didn't assume his catlike pose, however, opting for a more human position. He sat with his legs tented up and arm bridged across his knees, while his tail curled close to his body. DogDay settled beside him.

"I miss when there was noise to escape."

DogDay tilted his head up. "What do you mean?"

"There was a lot of noise here once," CatNap explained, his voice low. "I didn't like the noise so I would escape from it. Now there's no noise to escape."