Just another day...

Y/n wakes up to the sound of her alarm. She reaches out for her phone with tired eyes only to realise that it's Monday.

"Great, I have a shift today," she thinks as she slams her head in her pillow.

She eventually manages to drag herself to her desk and starts checking the list of people entering in the building for the day.

"Nacha, Lois, Robertsky... Francis."

She stops with a sigh. She really can't stand him. He always forgets to show his entry request and never makes an effort to be nice to her, unlike most of the other residents. It's always "mmm... the door" or "mmm... hello."
Just thinking about him angers y/n.

People come and doppelgängers go, and it's almost time for y/n to end her shift. The only person she is waiting for is, the one and only, Francis.

He finally shows up and greets her unenthusiastically, as usual. She wonders if he even realises how much his monotone voice agitates her. She checks him in and finally it's the end of her shift ! Until she feels a presence looking at her through the security window...

Wait... another Francis ? It can't be. It has to be a doppelgänger, right ? She quickly pulls herself together and checks his documents, not even taking a glance at his face. When she looked up, she was met with deep, hazel eyes meeting hers. The type you can get lost in, but they definitely don't belong to the real Francis.

She looks him in his eyes and smiles as she presses the big, red button and sounds the alarm. As she calls the D.D.D, she is met with screaming and crying on the other side of the window.

"That's odd," she says under her breath. She contemplates lifting the metal cover over the window, just out of sheer curiosity. As she lifts the cover, she sees "Francis" again in the window, tears running down his face. Y/n has never seen anything like this before, aren't doppelgängers supposed to be cold, cynical monsters ? Or is this a new manipulation tactic to get people to let them in ? Her thoughts are interrupted with the monster pleading: "Please let me go, I don't want to be let it."

Y/n's eyes widen in shock. What is she to do ? His cries seem genuine, but how would she know ? Seeing his red, teary eyes brought out a soft side of her. A side of her people have long forgotten after she was assigned as the doorman.

She drops her soft expression to form a straight, serious one.

"Leave, now. I'm giving you 10 seconds before I make the phone call."

His eyes relaxed in shock and what looked like a small, relieved smile emerged on this face.

"Thank you," he replied as he ran off.

Y/n stopped the alarm and simply sat in her chair in disbelief. This could have been the biggest mistake she has ever made in her life. This monster was quite soft and kind... something in her wishes Francis was more like that. Imagine, liking the doppelgänger more than the real guy.

She gets up and leaves, ready to go to bed and just relax. On her way up the stairs, she keeps on thinking off him. His gorgeous eyes don't escape her mind for a second. Maybe she'll see him tomorrow... a part of her hopes she will.