THE EXPECTED CONFESSION

CHAPTER -03
THE EXPECTED CONFESSION

Dviti woke up with a sense of expectation bubbling within her. It was the day she had been looking forward to all week - Zain was finally back, and she couldn't wait to see him again. As she got ready for her tuition, a smile danced on her lips, her excitement noticeable in the air.

With her books tucked under her arm, Dviti stepped out of her home, her heart racing with eagerness. At the end of her road stood Zain, his familiar figure bringing an instant surge of joy. They exchanged excited greetings and walked together towards their tuition class.

Arriving at the tuition center, they found themselves waiting once again for their late teacher to arrive. But this time, the wait didn't seem as boring, for Zain's presence made everything more enjoyable. They chatted animatedly, catching up on each other's week and sharing lighthearted banter.

As they stood at the end of the corridor, near the foot of the stairs, Dviti leaned against the wall while Zain stood opposite her, their faces beamed with smiles. Lost in their conversation, they didn't notice Samarth's approach at first.

Samarth, usually full of energy and joy, came bounding down the stairs with a skip in his step. However, upon seeing Dviti and Zain standing together, he halted in his tracks, his behavior shifting suddenly. For a moment, confusion clouded his expression before he calmed himself, putting on a mask of disregard.

Dviti, engaged in her conversation with Zain, remained unaware of Samarth's initial excitement and succeeding behavior change. Her attention was completely consumed by the company she shared with Zain, their bond stronger than ever. And as they continued to laugh and talk, the world around them seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the warmth of their friendship.

As the tuition session commenced and everyone settled into their seats, there was a slight shift in the seating arrangement. Dviti and Samarth found themselves seated on the first bench, while Zain, Raj, and Rohan occupied the second bench, with Zain now seated behind Dviti.

The lesson began, but after about 45 minutes of studying, Dviti's attention started to lag, and she began to feel bored and restless. Samarth, ever observant, noticed her distraction and took the opportunity to strike up a conversation with her.

As they conversed, Samarth unexpectedly confessed something to Dviti - he admitted to having a crush on Lili, who happened to be Dviti's close friend and Samarth's best friend.

Despite the surprise, Dviti couldn't help but smile inwardly; somehow, she had already suspected Samarth's feelings towards Lili.

Lili was a prominent figure in their class, known for her charm and grace. She carried a secret crush on a senior but hadn't called the courage to confess her feelings.

Dviti was aware that Lili's charm had attracted the attention of many, including Samarth, who was now seeking her advice on how to express his feelings to Lili. The interruption caused by the teacher's arrival disrupted the conversation between Dviti and Samarth. With the sudden shift in focus, Dviti's thoughts momentarily wandered from Samarth's confession about his feelings for Lili.

As the lesson progressed, Dviti found herself engaged in her studies, the earlier conversation slipping her mind. The hours passed by swiftly, and before she knew it, the class had ended.

As the days passed, Dviti found herself immersed in the celebrations of her cousin's wedding in her native place. During her absence, Zain kept in touch through regular texts and calls, maintaining their close connection despite the physical distance. It was a comfort to Dviti, knowing that even when she was away, her friendship with Zain remained immutable.