THE EXPECTED REPLY

CHAPTER-04
THE EXPECTED REPLY

SAMARTH'S POV:

It seemed like the day I had been eagerly awaiting had finally arrived. I made sure to wish Lili exactly at midnight, sending her a heartfelt message before gliding off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up at around 11 am, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves. I got ready for the day, choosing to wear a yellow sweatshirt paired with black pants. I adorned my left wrist with a watch, styled my hair, and added a touch of perfume to complete my look.

Heading out of the house at noon, I called our friends - Juhi, Vani, Selina, Ranjan, and Zain - and we all met up at our usual spot. We planned to get a cake for Lili's birthday celebration. However, upon reaching the bakery, we discovered that only a pineapple cake was available. Despite the variation from our original plan, we decided to go ahead and purchase it.

As we reached her home, I handed her a royal blue chocolate box in the shape of a heart. The gesture was meant to express my feelings for her, which had been building up for some time. Later, we cut the cake, and as the evening went on, we found ourselves on the terrace of her home, surrounded by friends. They encouraged me to ask her the question I had been nervously contemplating for so long.
Heart pounding, I knelt on the ground, a flower in hand, and confessed my love to her.

However, she responded with a gentle rejection, stating that she could only accept my love as a friend. The atmosphere became awkward, and I quickly got up, feeling a mix of disappointment and regret. My friends joined us on the terrace, but the energy was suppressed as we all sensed the tension.

On the way back home, I couldn't shake off the regret of confessing my feelings. Deep down, I knew there was a chance she wouldn't return, but I couldn't resist expressing myself. Now, I feared that my confession might risk the friendship we shared.

Arriving home, I fled to my bedroom, overwhelmed with emotions. I tossed myself onto the bed, replaying the events of the evening in my mind. I couldn't bring myself to call Dviti cause I was upset after knowing that Lili hadn't invited me to her birthday celebration. The exclusion pricked, adding to my frustration and sadness.

Unable to sleep, I ventured out for dinner alone, but my thoughts remained consumed by Dviti and about today. I questioned how to approach her now, considering she had warned me about confessing my feelings to Lili. Yet, despite the hurt, I couldn't deny the special bond we shared with Lili.

The following evening, sitting beside Zain, I mustered the courage to call Dviti. As she answered with her curious voice, she began asking questions about the previous day. Reluctantly, I admitted that she had rejected me. Surprisingly, Dviti didn't investigate further, but the relief of sharing the experience with her was real.

Indeed, the pain of Divi's previous actions lingered in my memory, and I knew I wouldn't easily forget it. However, despite that hurt, the bond I shared with her had grown stronger. The peace and happiness I found in confiding in her outweighed the lingering pain.

When Dviti was around, I felt a sense of calmness and peacefulness. Her presence brought comfort, and I cherished the moments we spent together, sharing our thoughts and experiences. Now that she wasn't around, I couldn't help but miss her dearly.

Despite the challenges we faced, our connection remained resilient, and I found myself yearning for her companionship., I realized that my connection with Dviti ran deep. She had a place in my heart, and despite the recent setback, I found comfort in our friendship. Even in her absence, I missed her presence and found comfort in memories of our conversations. Despite Zain being the one to initiate calls, it was I who eagerly spoke to Divi whenever I got the chance, just to hear her voice.