5. M&M

I wake up to loud snores, groaning annoyedly at the sound. It doesn't take long for me to wake up as I'm usually energetic during mornings, but a hand hanging above my head with Blitzø about to fall off the sofa isn't exactly what I expected upon opening my eyes.

I yelp, getting up from the floor and away as I watch my friend fall from the sofa down to the floor, exactly over the spot I was just occupying. Thank my luck for that one, or curse it if you're Blitzø.

"Fucking shit that hurt!!" I snicker at his pained screech, his tail tensing in anger as he rubs a sore spot on his head. Hearing my laughs, he instantly shoots me a glare.
"You got up so I could fall on the floor?!"

"Well, better than falling on me." I shrug, and he looks at me incredulously as I walk towatds the small kitchen, looking to snatch some of his breakfast for myself.

It did take some convincing for Blitzø to let me sleep on the floor instead of the couch, the imp kept telling me about how comfortable it is despite... its looks, but I decided against it. It's not like I'm not used to sleeping besides some random person on an overused, dirty bed.

"You don't got shit in here, Blitzø." I say after a while, looking around his fridge intently. Loona's door opens as forcefully as always with her usual kick, as the hellhound lets herself inside the main room.

"We usually have breakfast at the office. I always steal Moxxie's meal, Lucifer knows that fatty doesn't need it." The tallest says, walking around her dad's couch and sending a disgusted look his way as he still has drool all over his face from his sleep.
"You comin' with us?" She asks me, and I look at my friend for a clue. Needless to say, he doesn't help.

"I uh... I have nowhere else to go...?"

***

"You were a spicy little- uh- Demon with the- uh- bleach blonde haaaair!"

"I SWEAR TO FUCK IF YOU PUT ON THAT SONG ONE MORE TIME I'LL THROW YOU OUT THE WINDOW!!"

My eye twitches as I sit on the middle backseat, listening to Blitzø's poor singing and Loona's angry shouting while gripping my seat for dear life, wincing at each and every turn in which we're about to crash into another car.

"You could uh- slow down, maybe." I request quietly, but the shouting just continues as if I never talked.

"Always the same damn song makes me want to squeeze my own brains out and-!!"

"We're here, fam!!" I sigh as the van halts to a stop, tensing back again as the doors to both of my sides open, two unknown people letting themselves by my sides.

Blitzø and Loona keep arguing -or more like, Loona yelling at her dad while he coos at her with overly affectionate words-, but the two people by my sides are now staring at me, completely weirded out and I facepalm myself, groaning as I slip down on my seat.

"Uh... Sir? There's uh- someone-?" The white haired guy at my left starts, being interrupted by a black haired imp with a thick accent who's sitting at my right side.

"Blitzø, who is this?"

"Oh yeah, that's Jouno!" He says, no more explanation. I sink even lower on my seat.

"I'm that fucker's childhood friend." I explain curtly, hearing understanding hums and gasps before looking up to the kind smile of the girl to my right.

"Well I'm Millie!! And 'tis my husband, Moxxie! Nice to meet ya!" She offers me a hand to shake -she's thankfully quick to notice my missing hand, offering her left hand as opposed to what's usually expected-. I take it with a small smile, sitting up straight again.

Moxxie smiles kindly at me as well, giving a small wave before Blitzø starts the van again, making the poor imp widen his eyes in distress.

"Hey how about you're a bit more careful now-"

My request is ignored again as my heart almost jumps out of my chest with the first turn.

***

!!! Small author note
Hey! Just wanted to say that I hope I'm not boring y'all with these first chapters, as I plan for this book to be different than my previous huskerdust one. Drama will happen eventually (I know you secretly love angst), but I want some chaos and silly character dynamics as a headstart!