[8]

A/n : Author debute in this chap..lol

[past]

"Mom, what do you think heaven looks like?"

The little girl wrapped her arms around her teddy bear, gazing up at her mother, who was slicing vegetables for the evening's meal. Catching her daughter's eyes, the woman returned the gaze with a curious smile.
"What do you think, little [name]?"

[name] puffed out her cheeks and glared at her as she tightened her grip on her bear. "I asked first! Hmph"
Her mother chuckled at her expression as she put down the kitchen knife on the counter.
"Well, I think heaven will be a beautiful place when we go there. With beautiful angels and nice people."

"Will there be ice creams and chocolate and sweets and puffy wuffy puppies!"
[Name] squealed and jumped around with a big smile on her face, thinking about how beautiful and fun heaven would be.

She watched her mother giggle and nodded her head, which made her even happier. Skipping in front of her mother, she then grabbed her mother's hand, which made the woman raise her eyebrow confused.
"Will we be together there one day?"

Her mother lips curved in a soft smile as she kneeled to her daughter's height. "I will do anything to be there for you."

⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉

[Name] observed the scene in front of her with dread. The woman lay on the floor, her once majestic wings and halo torn apart, leaving a trail of golden blood staining the ground, transforming the floor into a mess.

What did her mother do wrong to be this way? She just came back from Heaven's Park with Emily, and the first thing she sees is her mother body on the floor.
"Mom?"

There was no response, but only the sound of footsteps coming your way.
She turned around as she heard the door open, revealing the angels taking her mother away to who knows where.

"Mom?" she repeats to no one in particular as she stares at the empty hallway where the angles left with her mom.

As she bolted out of the room, her eyes widened in disbelief as she saw the angels lifting her mother into the air, who was in their arms. Determination surged through her veins as she spread out her wings, trembling with uncertainty, attempting to follow them.

She stumbled slightly, her wings fluttering as she struggled to adjust to the art of flight. With determination, she soared upward, clumsily trailing the other angels as they guided her mother to an unknown destination.

Arriving at her destination, she watched as the angels entered through the towering gates before they swung shut with a resounding thud.

Clumsily descended, her landing unsteady as she touched down upon the floor. With a sigh of relief, she folded her wings behind her before walking towards the closed door.

She pressed her ear to the door, straining to catch even a whisper. Yet, all she heard was an indistinct murmur, as if the very walls themselves shielded the secrets of Heaven's judgment.

In another scene, two angels strolled leisurely through Heaven, engaged in animated conversation.
"Ruth...darling...i know you love this thing called 'dark romance', but aren't you going to make them like...have a reason why they get obsessed with the main character?"

The said person guffaw at her friend's words before showing a big grin.
"Nah, slow burn ain't my thing-."
Her friend glared at her as she was crazy
"-aww, come on, Astra! There's nothing wrong with what I do."

"Really? Writing a story where your character is surrounded by obsessive freaks? And that has no plot?- I- Who would even like that?!"

Ruth bat her eyelash innocently as she swayed her body side to side, acting like she didn't do anything wrong.
"Oh, I don't really think they do...they probably just want to know how this ends."

"And how will this end?"

Astra narrowed her eyes, placing her hand on her hips in a stance of impatience, awaiting her friend's response. Before Ruth could utter a word, a faint sob echoed to their side, interrupting their conversation.
As they approached, they discovered a small girl crouched in front of the imposing door leading to the courtroom. She muttered the word "mom" between sobs, her voice barely audible for others to hear.

The girl lifted her head and locked eyes with two angels, who peered down at her with curiosity. Suddenly, one of them pointed at her, their jaw dropping in astonishment. "Woah! She just looks like the character I was explaining to you!"

"Ruth it's not polite to point." the mature one groan before softly looking down at [Name]. "Hi there, what's the matter?"

"M-my mother is in there." she pointed at the big door that was the courtroom. Astra frowns and crouch down in front of the little girl, trying to reassure her that everything will be fine. But before she could open her mouth-

"eh she probably gonna be cast down to hell or somethin."

"Ruth!!"

⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉⑉