IV- I Almost Shoot My Cousin (Almost Being The Keyword)

Thawing the snow of New England and crashing a vehicle into a pond was not the experience I would've liked- ever! After Thalia almost melted New England and crashed the bus into the lake, I made a mental note- never get in a stupid vehicle ever ag...

Thawing the snow of New England and crashing a vehicle into a pond was not the experience I would've liked- ever! After Thalia almost melted New England and crashed the bus into the lake, I made a mental note- never get in a stupid vehicle ever again, at least with Thalia.

There was snow everywhere and I saw twelve cabins built along a U shape which were covered with snow and lights- only the lights were of real fire, and I don't think they were meant for Christmas. I looked around and saw a volleyball court, a big building, and a flicker of a fire visible from its last floor's window and a climbing wall- surrounded by lava.

"Whoa!" Nico exclaimed as he climbed off the bus followed by his brother. "Is that a climbing wall?"

"Yeah," replied Percy.

"Why is there lava pouring down it?" Nico asked again and now even his older friend, Nathaniel joined him. "Isn't that dangerous?"

"Not really. It's for a little extra challenge. Come on. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoë, have you met -"

"I know Chiron," she replied stiffly. "Tell him we will be in the Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me." She ordered. Grover offered to show them the way but it was obvious that Zoë was annoyed by him.

"We know the way." Grover again offered, "Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't-" He tripped over a canoe but he was still talking.

Bianca whispered something to her brother and her friend and an immediate scowl was visible on their face. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Apollo and Andrew talk to each other and by their reactions the news wasn't that good. The Sun God and my brother did a hand-shake before hugging each other (there's a sentence I never thought I'd say).

"Take care, sweethearts!" Apollo called out to them and I saw him talking to Andrew before leaving. "Watch out for those prophecies, Percy and take care of her!" He shouted and winked at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked but Apollo had already hopped into the bus. "Later Thalia, and uh, be good. Goodbye Andrew, tell your brother I said 'hi'." That was the last thing he said before he took off in his red car.

I was still wondering about what Apollo said when I heard someone call my name. I turned my head to see my thirteen year old sister, Sophia, followed by Andrew's sibling- Matthew- who were running up to me and smiling from ear to ear. She immediately engulfed me in a hug and I did the same.

As I pulled back, Matthew hugged me and I saw Percy staring at us weirdly. "You three know each other?" Sophia rolled her eyes and replied, "Obviously you idiot." Percy still had a confused expression on his face and Sophia groaned in annoyance before muttering something.

"I'm Andrew's cousin" "and brother" Matthew added, "and she's his cousin. I really wonder how you manage to stay alive every year, egghead." His expression immediately went from a confused to an annoyed one. "Ha-ha, very funny Sophia."