Trapped

It had been about 20 minutes since we had watched the video of the person turning into a Walker. Shane, Rick, Glenn, and T-Dog went to see how much energy the C.D.C had left.

Clive was laying down on the couch he slept on reading the book he borrowed from Dale. His dark blue eyes slowly left the book in his hands, and over to me, "Aunt Grace, can I tell you something?"

"Sure, bub." I nodded, brushing my hair, "What is it?"

He hesitantly responded. He sat up from where he laid, and put the book down in his lap. A bit of a curious look came onto my face, as I looked came onto my face, "Clive, what is it?"

He stared at me for a second, before his gaze fell down to his lap, "I saw Shane do something to Lori.." He mumbles. My eyes widened a bit, I put my brush down on one of the tables. I took a couple steps closer to him, "Clive, what did you see him do to her?" I asked, getting on my knees in front of him.

He takes a breath, "I went back to the wreck-room, and I saw them talking. He pushed her back into the pinball machine, and tried to kiss her." He started twiddling his fingers in front of him, "She was trying to get him off of her, and she was yelling at him to stop. So, I took out my dagger and I cut him in the back of his leg to get him to stop."

A shocked look was on my face, as my brows began to furrow, "So that's why there was a scratch on his neck." He nodded, "That's also probably why he wanted to talk to you too."

"Are you okay?" I asked him, raising my brows.

A cringe look came onto his face, "I'm not the person you should be asking that, Aunt Grace."

I stared at him for a second, before a light smile came onto my lips. I ruffled his hair a bit, "You're such a good kid." A smile crept onto his lips after I said that.

I stood up to my feet, and I took a breath, "I want you to stay away from Shane, okay?" I asked, pulling my hair up into a high ponytail, "I'm gonna talk to Lori."

Clive stared at me for a second, before nodding a bit.

A couple seconds later, the lights in the C.D.C started to flicker. A bit of a confused look came onto his face, "What the hell?" He mumbles, standing up from the couch.

"That's weird.." I mumbled, furrowing my brows a bit. I looked to the doorway to see Dr. Jenner walking down the hall. The confused look grew onto both mine and Clive's face, as we walked into the doorway.

Lori and Carl did the same, "Why'd the air conditioning stop?" She asks, placing her hands onto her hips.

He didn't say anything, as he continued to walk down the hall.

Lori and I looked at one another, before following after him. Clive and Carl followed after us, as my nephew took a breath, "What about the lights in our room?"

Daryl stepped out of his room with a bottle of alcohol in his hands, "What's going on? Why is everything turned off?"

Doctor Jenner still didn't say anything. He walked past the redneck, and snatched the alcohol from his hands. He takes a swig of it, as everyone in the group began to trail behind him.

"Jenner?" Andrea scoffs, raising her brows.

"The energy use is being prioritized." He states, gripping onto the bottle in his hands.

"Air and lights aren't a priority?" Dale asks him, cocking his brow.

Jenner stops walking in the hall, and turns and looks at him. He takes a breath, "It's not up to me." He replies, shaking his head, "Zone Five is shutting itself down."