27

IRL

kathleen, kathy to most was a simple woman with a perfectly nice husband and a perfectly nice family, in the open where everyone could see. behind closed doors he was abusive, he would hit her sometimes but mostly just talk down on her. they had a beautiful baby girl and other then gregory's temper their life was calm as they raised her in a nice neighborhood. that was until the little girl started to think for herself and she realized their family wasn't perfectly nice. but that was in the last and when someone you once lived is dying, everything you thought you hated about them is basically out the window.

nova got to reconnect with her mother but gregory was so out of it with all the pain killers, he didn't even know what was happening. she hated to see him like that but at the same time, she didn't. nova didn't know how kathy knew what she was thinking but a mothers intuition never fades it doesn't matter how long they were apart. kathleen felt the same way and as much as she loved her husband she knew he was an asshole.

they sat and talked for three hour and kathy told she always wanted to call, but he prevented that. he hated the fact nova got away from him. his need for control only got worse when nova left and him getting sick was just karma. kathy blamed herself for a lot of things leading up to nova leaving. nova found out, nona told her about faith and when nova was in the hospital she went. she saw faith in the nursery and kathy knew immediately that was her grandchild, faith was nova's spitting image she would be able to tell her apart from any kid.

max had been trying to text nova with no reply but he figured all was going well with her parents and he was happy for her. and things were going good with kathy, they lady met her granddaughter officially first the first time and they picked flowers and made bouquets,  they were having a lot of fun. nova never told max a lot about her childhood just that gregory was controlling, she never went into details. it was so hard for her to think about it or even talk about and no one knew what was happening behind closed doors but her and kathy not even lisa.

the day nova told them she was going to be taking a gap year off from collage to travel with justin, gregory just blew up on her. when nova went to defend herself greg slapped her across the face like he'd fine several times before. but the other times were different, he would always apologize instantly. that time he didn't and nova could tell by looking into his eyes something snapped. and in that moment nova knew that if she didn't leave it would happen again and again and she couldn't live like that. she didn't stay with nona because she'd be right next door and she just needed to get away. she knew eventually she'd have to tell max but for now she just wanted time with kathleen, all the time that was stolen from them.

INSTAGRAM

liked by maxverstappen1, lisa

liked by maxverstappen1, lisa.rosi, and 956,748 others

novacohan mother daughter time 🤍

view comments

user so cute!!

user omg she looks just like her mom
user lnao fr the genetics are crazy

maxverstappen1 beautiful ladies 🤍
novacohan love you 😘

lisa.rosi so proud of you love
novacohan 💞

pierregasly can i have her number?
novacohan no you weirdo 😭

user cuties 💗

guys. i was so stumped writing this chapter and that's why it's so short. i also have a serious obsession with making fathers horrible people in all my books... it's a reflection of my horrible father that i hate and i don't know. :)

lmao okay anyways thank you for reading!!!

🤍🤍🤍