31

IRL

back in monaco, faith was spending the day with kathy. faith wanted to help her garden and kathy was more then happy to take her for the day. nova had set an appointment for a repeat ultrasound so it was perfect. her doctor said there was a possibility for twins but more than likely the baby was just going to be a big one. max took the next few days off to spend time with the girls before having to go to the france for the french gp. nova signed faith up for ballet, at faith's request. since the girl was turning three years old it was time for her to start interacting with other kids since she would be starting school soon, nova wanted her to be prepared.

max opened nova's door putting his hand out for her to take, she took it and stepped out of the car. "thank you." she smiled kissing his cheek. the two walked hand in hand into the clinic. max sat down letting nova sign in. "i scheduled an appointment, nova cohan is the name." nova spoke french to the woman who nodded. "okay, take a seat and fill this out doctor carter will be with you shortly." the receptionist smiled her eyes drifting to max as nova walked away, she knew it was unprofessional of her but she took a picture to send to her friends because they wouldn't have believed that max verstappen was sat in her waiting room.

nova sat next to max, he rested his hand on her leg and watched her fill the paperwork out. "father history. that's all you baby." she handed him the clip board and he sighed taking it. "do they really need to know this stuff?" he questioned filling it out super fast the only way he knew how to do things. "yes, it's important for the babies health, don't you want us healthy." nova chuckled, max smiled giving the clip board back to her. "all i want is for this baby or babies and you and faith to be happy and healthy." max kissed her head. "then stop complaining." nova gave him an innocent smile smacking his hand playfully off her leg and stood up to take the clip board back to the receptionist.

after a while nova was called to the back, the cold gel hit nova stomach sending shivers down her spine, max squeezed her hand. this was the first ultrasound he was able to be at. doctor carter moved the the gel around her stomach with the doppler. "i'm not seeing twins, i am seeing a big baby." she chuckled. "oh thank goodness." nova let the breath she'd been holding in. "sorry, i know you wanted it but i was crying inside." nova gave max a sad smile and he just chuckled. "i'm perfectly content with one baby, how's he looking doc?" max said before asking the doctor. "we don't know if baby's a he, just yet, but soon we will, and baby is doing just fine." dr carter gave them a smile pausing the ultrasound to take pictures. "there is your baby." she smiled turning the screen showing them the baby. "oh wow! we really are having a baby." max laughed softly admiring the screen. "are you just realizing that?" nova chuckled wiping max's tears. "a little yeah." he sniffled shaking his head. "i'll print these and send you two on your way." dr carter said and they both nodded as she wiped nova's stomach off.

nova fixed her shirt and smiled at max, he'd been staring at the ultrasound picture since he was handed them. "you okay?" she asked putting a hand on his shoulder. "yeah more then okay, nova." max chuckled looking at her, tears in his eyes. "please don't cry my love, i'll cry." nova said pulling him into a hug. "i don't know how it's possible for you to have changed my life in such a short amount of time. i was so miserable before i met you. even with kelly i was never happy, but you. you make me feel complete, you and faith." max pulled away cupping her face. "you make me feel like what i'm doing actually matters." max spoke to her so enduringly, it made nova cry. "i love you so much max, so fucking much." nova leaned up and max closed the gap between their lips. "i love you so much more nova." max hugged her again.