Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4

Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ Rᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ!
𒊹︎︎︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬.

                 Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ Bᴇғᴏʀᴇ Rᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ!𒊹︎︎︎ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬, 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬

✰* ‧₊˚*--  𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚 --* ‧₊˚*✰

'How much longer until the food arrives? I'm starving.' Mae gazed mindlessly out the grand windows of a quaint restaurant tucked in the corner of downtown Chicago. 

Reusable bags were tucked at her sides; school supplies and other items like notebooks and pens were crammed into the bags.

Thrumming her forefingers on the dingy oak table, she lounged on the firm press cushions in the booth. 

 Slouching slightly at her ever-increasing hunger, a pathetic wail escaped her plump lips. ‘ What’s taking them so long? I should have just created my food, but no~ gotta support a small business and shit instead. This is some bullshi-’ 

A loud crash echoed, followed by the cries of civilians seeking safety. The shattered windows reflected the light, creating a pleasant gleam. 

Bedazzling like vibrant jewels—truly a pity; under different circumstances, Mae would have marvelled at its beauty and simplicity. Dust clouds filled the restaurant, causing customers to cough uncontrollably. 

Now, I’m pissed.’  

Mae hurriedly exited the destroyed restaurant, stepping onto the debris-covered street. Erect with scorn stood the Flaxen leader, adorned in dense armour. Balled mechanical fists beat down on them with such ferocity that a crater formed beneath the victim. 

Discombobulated, Invincible simply lay in the crater; blood dribbled down his nose into his costume. Wincing at the ringing in his ears, he peered through his broken goggles at the Flaxen leader. 

Clinging to his consciousness as thin as a thread, he awaits the incoming blows. They never come. Instead, a wrangled cry rips through the alien's lips. 

Crimson liquid sprayed like a fire hydrant from the being's amputated arm. The limb fell limply behind it, and its screeching continued, reaching over its mechanical hand to clamp down on the wound. 

“Shut the fuck up.” 

Invincible looked through his hazy gaze to see his saviour holding oversized scissors at the centre.

 Black locs flowed loosely down her back in waves. Framing her chubby face perfectly, she highlighted her piercing gaze. Her golden brown skin, which seemed to gleam in the light, gave her an enchanting glow. The flaxen flinched at the patronizing look that crossed her delicate features.

“You ruined my fucking afternoon; you got no right to be out here screeching like a bitch.”

She pointed the raised blades at the flaxen, her words dripping with venom. It retaliated in its native tongue, spewing senseless threats at her. 

Cocking her head to the side, a sly grin on her face, she remarked, "You have some nerve. Lesser beings should always know their place."

Reappearing behind it, she clasped the weighted scissors and swiftly decapitated the flaxen.

Blood gushed out, splattering within the vicinity, painting the cracked roads a pigmented scarlet.

Civilians looked on in disgust and awe, and some in relief that the leader had been slain.    

Landing softly with a thud, Mae encroached on the battered hero, hunched over in the crater. “You okay?”  

No response. With only a wide-eyed stare, what could he possibly say—this woman had just decapitated an alien without flinching?

How was he supposed to feel? Disgusted. Disturbed. Scared? Conflicting emotions swirled feverishly in Invincible’s mind, frozen in his spot like a deer in headlights.   

Jumping down in front of him and crouching, Mae gently cupped his jaw, pulling him closer for a better look. A faint blush dusted his cheeks at their proximity.

“Not too bad. Just some minor bruising.” Raising her right hand, Blue Mist trailed behind, with stars swirling around him. Invincible felt lightweight and rejuvenated, feeling the scraps and cuts close, leaving no trace.

“There, all fixed," Mae muttered, staring intently at the young hero. Whipping the smeared blood from his lips with the pad of her thumb. 

He tensed up at the action. ‘He must be disturbed by what I did earlier,’ Mae pondered, offering him a hand that he hesitantly accepted. 

Both of the teens were off guard by the stern Omni-Man that glared down, particularly at the woman near his son. 

“Simply helping out,” she replied coolly, moving away from the boy and out of the crater. With one final glance at Invincible, Mae sprinted off toward the main battle to assist the other heroes.

“Are you okay, Mark?” the man's eyes still trained on Mae’s retreating figure.

Still gobsmacked he hesitantly replied, “ Yeah...she healed me.”

‘What the hell was that?’

✰* ‧₊˚*--  𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚 --* ‧₊˚*✰

Thank you for reading!