Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

𒊹︎︎︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝐩𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥

 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥

*crunch 

*crunch

*crunch 

Mae’s heels echoed against the rough concrete. Along the horizon, dense clusters of Flaxens overpower the other heroes.

Preparing to aim at the fast-approaching Mae, bullets rained down on her with ferocity. 

A dust cloud engulfed her figure; they seized fire momentarily, accessing the amount of damage caused. 

Assholes!” 

The dust cloud cleared, unaffected by the brutal onslaught—not even a scratch on her brown skin.

However, Mae’s jaw was tight and furry as she stared down at her tattered knit sweatshirt. 

 Fisting her torn pleated skirt as well, her face twisted in frustration. A tight-lipped smile adorned her features.

First, you ruin my afternoon by showing your ugly faces here.” She took steady steps toward them, her face shrouded in shadows.

At every step, a deathly aura emanated from her, enveloping her surroundings. Flaxens raise their weapons, continuing their fire. 

Then you had the gall to intervene while I was getting my food. Destroyed the best restaurant on the block.” She stopped at the centre of them, clutching her scissors with an iron vice.

“And the worst fucking offence, you ruin my favourite sweatshirt!” she shrieked, her icy glare piercing not only the Flaxens but the other heroes as well.

 “ You’re going to pay tenfold. You hear me?” 

Chucking her oversized scissors at them and piercing through the skulls of multiple Flaxens, their blood flew around the battlefield, landing on her scornful face as well. Rebounding back into her firm clasp.

 Sprinting through the crowd, she pulverized the skulls with a sickening crunch. Hopping from body to body, death trails close behind. The vibrant crimson flew freely in the air. 

She was ruthless. 

Dangerous. 

An absolute monster. 

The Teen Team seized their attacks—it was useless. How could they? This girl just halved their forces with little to no effort. Only hindering her attacks. 

“Shit.” Rex Splode rasped, back from the showcase of raw brutality. 

“All this for a shirt and a restaurant?” he winced at the lethal blow to an escaping Flaxen who was cut in two. Its organs littered the concrete like its other fallen brethren. 

“ Her priorities might be muddled, but she has proven helpful.” An ear-splitting yelp pierced the air as Mae sliced the flaxen into miniature cubes, unaffected by the violence of it all. 

“ Albeit, violently.” Robot finished. 

 “ Whoever she is, at least she's on our side,” DupliKate replied, disgusted, and she inched away from the pool of blood that surrounded them. 

The Flaxens began to retreat through their orange portals on their way back home. They were shoving past one another to escape the heartless killer. 

Amused, she had a crooked smile on her face, dripping head to toe in blood. Staining her torn sweatshirt and skirt. 

Lowering her drenched blades, she watches them scurry like rats. Like a herd of sheep cowering in the presence of a wolf.

 ‘Pussies

*ZOOM

A blur of red and white flew past her and the rest of the Teen Team into the final portal. It was Omni-Man. Closing promptly behind him. 

“Dad!” Invincible shrieked. 

Perplexed expressions crossed the rest of the team's faces. 

“Wait, wait, Omni-Man's your dad?!” Shouted Rex Splode. 

Invincible turns away bashfully.

“Anyways, um, miss I wanted to thank you—where did she go?!” 

Mae peeked from the corner of an alleyway, spying on the puzzled heroes, who genuinely seemed stumped by her disappearance.

  She summoned a blue portal. Swirling in rhythmic waves. Jumping in with little hesitation.

✰* ‧₊˚*--  𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚 --* ‧₊˚*✰

Fuck!” 

Mae landed in the middle of Lilly’s bedroom with a prominent thud. Shuffling to her feet, stars buzz in droves around her aloof frame. “Every fucking time. I’m starting to hate portals.” 

Her attention flickered to the carpet. As the blood of the Flaxens dripped off her, soaking her clothes, she grumbled softly to herself, then raised her right hand.

*SNAP

A sparkling array of glowing stars swirled around her body and the room. The sticky blood cleared from her brown skin, her clothes and hair returned to their prior state before the battle, and the stained carpet looked as good as new. 

Snapping again, her reusable bags of school supplies teleported beside her. 

“Aww. Did little Piffle miss me?” Mae cooed as stars shimmered around her, carrying the hefty cat (albeit unwillingly) into her warm embrace. Easing up, she scratches behind his furry orange ear. 

“Are you interested in knowing how my day went, little fella?” Interpreting his silence as agreement, she playfully bantered with the cat.

Bubbling with joy at Piffle’s content meows, Mae reminisced about the recent events. 

“You know, I was thinking about how I could keep an eye on Mark if I’m not around,” she continued.

“Then it clicked; I could just give him a special gift.” A sly grin formed on her face, mischief evident in her eyes.

 “I hope he appreciates the present; it was a gift from the stars, after all.”

✰* ‧₊˚*--  𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡 𝙄𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙪𝙙𝙚 --* ‧₊˚*✰

Thank you for reading!