Vol.1 Chapter 1 : New Life, New Bed

April 1st, Wednesday. The first day of school. With the help of my butler, Matsuo, I didn't have to wait for the bus to arrive as I arrived right on time when the bus reached my station. I'm actually relieved. If I have to wait for the bus, I'm afraid I will miss it.

I rode the bus, along with other people, some of them were wearing the same uniform as mine. I sat with a beautiful and serene office lady. I think she's a bit sleepy, seeing her like that…..

I also fell asleep.

Regardless of the bobbing and shaking of the bus, a thought comes into my mind.

" What is sleep to you? " 

A desire? Or a necessity? One I thing I know, no one hates sleep. I mean who would hate such a pleasuring feeling. After a tiring and stressful day, even if it's not, the feeling when you lay down your body to your bed, the comforting feeling that envelopes your body, the pains in your muscles waning, the peace in your mind, the act of resting, a delicacy in the form of act.

And when you wake up, you'll just ask for another few minutes to continue such comforting feeling. Afterwards, stretching your stiff muscles is the most awaited moments. And if you have a good night sleep, the lightness of your body will let you think that you have a good day ahead of you.

You ask why this thought even comes to my mind? Well, I enjoy sleep. I enjoy it so much it becomes a sort of syndrome of mine.

Ever since I was child, rigorous training is a daily basis. Pushing both my mind and body to the limits everyday. To the point even my time for sleep slowly got shorter and shorter. I never had experience a good sleep since childhood.

Thus, when all those training reach a temporary end, I finally experience a time to have a good sleep. In addition to that, When I entered that mansion, to my surprise, a bed that is hundred times better than the same bed I had since childhood was prepared solely for me.

Sleeping in such bed with no worries of any disturbing matters after my sleep, I finally experienced a sleep I never imagined I will ever had. After that particular sleep, when I always had a free time, I use those time to experience that delight to my heart's desire. In addition to those time where I don't have to worry anything, and times where my mind just goes blank, both my mind and body automatically shut down and led to my sleep.

And this new habit got out of control leading to a unique syndrome where I automatically fell asleep. The condition is simple, if I don't have something to think of or my mind simply blank out, or when I'm bored, my condition mercilessly kicks in.

I let Matsuo know about this matter, I wasn't expecting any solution, but contrary to my expectations, he gave one. This could not only give me possible solution for my condition but could also fulfilll my lifelong desire, a desire to quell my curiosity.

Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High. A school established by the Japanese Government to nurture the young people who will support the country in the future. It boasts a 100% employment and college entry rate, and with thorough, state-directed teaching methods, it spares no effort in pursuing the nation's desired future. It is said to only admit the elites of country.

However, that's not my main objective of applying to this school. The rule; contact to the outside world is prohibited, is what I'm after. Matsuo told me that this school has the power to protect me from that man. That this particular rule is not something that even that man could easily breach. Thus, giving me three years of freedom.

Three years of freedom, huh….

As for the matter about my unique condition, it seems that Matsuo have an inkling in to what kind of cure I need to for my syndrome. No, I'm confident that he knew. After all, he confidently says that I could find my cure if I enter this school and spend my time in here. Honestly, he was even laughing that even a few tears comes out of his eyes. So I'm not really sure if he's saying the truth or just messing with me. But it's Matsuo, he will not give me false hope.