Vol.1 Chapter 2 : S-system and Classmates

Long. It's too long and boring. Just like most of the students, I don't like the entrance ceremony. Not only I have to stand for how long it would take, but I also have to listen to these boring speeches. The only saving grace is that I'm standing, the surrounding is noisy, and the Gymnasium is a new sight for me, which what prevents me from sleeping, or else they might mistake me for a student who collapse out of boredom, and will naturally attract unfavorable attention. Imagining it already gives me a stomachache.

Not to mention, I have a bad news ahead of me. Apparently, the annoying girl from earlier is my classmate! There are 4 classes in the first-year, and yet she ended up in the same class as me! What kind of karma is this?!

And as if fate making a joke out of me, the blonde guy and the beige-haired girl that's as bickering at the bus, are also my classmates. Fortunately, the annoying girl was in the front, so she haven't noticed my presence. If she happen to be beside me, I might just run out of the Gymnasium, find my dorm, and sleep.

I'll just hope she won't end up seating near me.

Though what caught my interest is that, the beige-haired girl is intently looking at the annoying girl. Her attention is divided to the ones upstage and to the annoying girl alone.

Well, the blonde guy was just admiring himself with a mirror in his hand. Narcissist…

To quell my boredom, I look around and observed the individuals surrounding me.

From those who seems to be in First-year Class A, the majority of the students in this class are showing attentive behavior during the principal's speech, either they're genuinly listening or putting a facade. The students that piqued my interest are the tall bald guy who seems upright and had that serious face on him, and a petite teenage girl with short lilac hair and a cane in hand. Contrary to the bald guy, she has that smug smile on her face.

Similarly, the First-year Class B, are demonstrating the same level of attentiveness as Class A. With a few of them are engaging in their own activities without causing disturbances. The notable one here is that strawberry-haired woman, with great proportions, and voluptuous… ah.. um.. weapons? I shouldn't stare too much.

And contrary to two, Class C showed no sign of interest to the speech. Many of them seemed disengaged, paying little to no attention. This class seems to be only class who has a foreigner in them. A tall black American with a great build. The other notable one is that guy with a shoulder-length magenta-hair, with a considerable build, piercing gaze, and a smirk on his face.

However, albeit similar to Class C, the attentiveness of my class is more horrible than them. With only five of them paying attention to the principal's speech, the rest are either snoring, talking loudly, ogling fellow students, and more. 60% of the noise of First-years are coming from my class.

So much as I want to facepalm myself out of disappointment, I rather put my attention to the upperclassmen than hurting myself.

And would you look at that…. How interesting…

As the label of class from A goes to D, the number of students decrease as much. With only the Class A of third-year having the same number 40 students as us, the rest of the classes has students missing in it. Coincidentally, Second-year Class A has only one missing in them. And both the Class D of both years has the smallest number of students.

This is not just a coincidence, there's more to it than what the surface shows. I'll look into it, when I have the time.

•••• Zzz ••••