1

Subaru walked into the narrow alley with cautious steps and sat down on top of an old, worn-out wooden crate. Stretching out his legs and placing his hands on his knees, he let out a deep sigh. "What am I going to do?" he pondered, murmuring to himself.

Just a few hours ago, he had walked out of the market, on his way back home, when suddenly his vision had blacked out and he found himself in the middle of a bustling market square. Around him, people, half-humans, and massive lizard-drawn carts filled the space. People were bustling around talking to each other, and vendors were setting up their stalls. There was a chaotic buzz and an unusual liveliness in the air, typical of the market.

Subaru observed the hustle and bustle around him. Perhaps this sudden change was an opportunity for him. He wasn't particularly happy in his old world. He had nothing tying him to that world; only painful memories and emptiness. Now, here, in the midst of this strange and exotic market, he might have a chance at a fresh start.

Subaru pondered his disdain for the world he once knew. That world was filled with painful memories. The tragic death of his family, the hardships, and injustices he endured... Every memory dragged him further into an abyss of darkness. The only tie to his old world had been severed. His family had been killed long ago, so he didn't even have the option to return to them.

Once, his family had been the source of meaning and happiness in Subaru's life. But now, their loss had ignited a deep anger and resentment within him. The sense of justice fueled his anger towards all the injustices in his old world. Without them, the meaning of his old world had vanished.

Subaru crossed his arms and grumbled to himself, "What am I going to do?" His mind was blank, devoid of any ideas. He had done little in his life besides killing, leaving him in an existential void. "I wish Grandpa were here," he thought. His grandfather had died years ago, but sometimes he missed his presence dearly. His grandfather had raised him and instilled in him mastery in all forms of killing.

His grandfather had been more than just a family elder; he had been a mentor. He taught Subaru the harsh realities of life, instilling courage and determination in him. His death had plunged Subaru into deep grief; his grandfather had been a guide and a protective figure for him. In this world without him, Subaru felt alone. But his grandfather's teachings and legacy still lived on within him. Now, armed with what his grandfather had taught him, Subaru had to survive and perhaps carve out a place for himself in this new world.

Memories of his grandfather's teachings still lingered in Subaru's inner world. His grandfather had been ruthless, but also a great grandfather and a formidable killer. His teachings weren't just about the art of killing; they also encompassed the mental and emotional strength necessary to survive.

His grandfather's composure and resolve had always inspired Subaru. He had taught him to face challenging situations and overcome any obstacle. His grandfather had been willing to do whatever it took to achieve his goals, and he had passed that attitude on to Subaru.

"Hey, you!" a voice interrupted Subaru's thoughts as three people stood at the entrance of the alley. One tall and stout, another skinny with blue hair, and the third with short, mushroom-cut hair. The sudden aggressive intrusion snapped Subaru out of his sleepy reverie. His eyes scanned the surroundings swiftly, noticing the menacing gazes of the three.

"You stole our stuff, give it back," the skinny one began, but his sentence was cut short. Subaru, like a tiger, lunged aggressively, seizing the skinny man by the throat and hurling him against the wall. The stout one attempted to throw a punch, but Subaru grabbed his arm and twisted it. The sound of bones crunching echoed. Subaru's eyes blazed with a storm of anger, venting his rage on the aggressors. Meanwhile, the short one, still unaware of what was happening, had just realized the situation. Everything had happened so fast that he had only just grasped what was going on. However, one thing was certain; beneath Subaru's calm exterior lay a beast.

Dealing a heavy blow to the stout man's face, Subaru expressed his anger towards his assailants. In the midst of this sudden outburst, the short one felt terrified and vulnerable. "Please, don't!" he pleaded, his voice trembling. "Please, let us go! We don't want to hurt you."

Subaru looked at him coldly, keeping his emotions in check. "Why would I?" he asked, his tone firm and decisive. "You attacked me; I merely defended myself."

The short one seemed to be affected by Subaru's cold demeanor. His eyes welled up, and with a pleading expression, he said, "Please, we don't want to bother you anymore. We just want to leave," his voice quivered.

Subaru observed his helplessness but still kept his emotions in check. "Understood," he said calmly. "But don't bother me again. I'm serious about this." Then, the short one and his friends scurried away.

At that moment, a girl with blonde hair rushed into the alley. Subaru's attention was drawn to this sudden entrance. The girl swiftly leaped through the alley, scaling the rooftops, and vanished into thin air, mysteriously disappearing. Subaru watched her vanish with a puzzled expression, lost in thoughts about her sudden and agile movements.

But his attention was diverted by a voice from the entrance of the alley. "You stole something, give it back," a voice rang out, and Subaru immediately turned to look at the source. Standing at the entrance of the alley was a silver-haired girl. Her fair skin and purple eyes made her stand out. The girl's threatening gaze caught Subaru's attention.

Subaru muttered to himself, "What a prosperous alley, everyone comes here," as he sighed inwardly. Then, he stepped towards the girl and spoke with a cold demeanor, "I didn't steal anything, at least not from you." There was a hint of mockery in his eyes, as he was accustomed to such threats and didn't take them seriously. Subaru awaited the girl's reaction with curiosity.

The girl replied, "Liar," as she conjured a few ice spears in the air and aimed them at Subaru. "I don't want to hurt you, so give back what you stole," she said, her voice tinged with concern.

Subaru shrugged indifferently. "If that's the case, where did you see me steal from?" he asked, his voice calm and collected. "You need evidence before making such claims about me."

As she continued speaking, the girl produced something resembling a small grey cat from her necklace, and it hovered in the air, staring at Subaru. The cat spoke, "She's telling the truth, Lia," refuting the girl's accusation, and Lia blushed at being contradicted.

Subaru observed them, murmuring to himself, "Magic?" Clearly, the girl was capable of using magic, and the flying cat by her side seemed to be some sort of magical pet or similar.

Lia, slightly lowering her head, sincerely apologized, "I'm sorry," then, hesitantly, she continued, "By the
way, have you seen someone running through here?"

Subaru nodded thoughtfully, "Yes, she ran and climbed onto the roof just now."

Lia's face fell, and she turned away, "Then, I must leave now, again, I'm sorry," she said, beginning to walk away.

Subaru, after a moment's thought, made a sudden decision, "Wait, I can help you find what you're looking for."

Lia looked at him in surprise, "If you're expecting a reward, I don't have anything valuable to give you."

Subaru shrugged, "I don't want gold or anything similar," he said, looking into Lia's eyes. "I'm just looking for a place to stay. If you can provide that for me, I can help you find the stolen item right away."

Zzzzzzzz,,,,,,,,zzzzzzzzzzzzzz,,,,zzzzzzzzz

The "Ten Iron Rules" that a shinobi must abide by:

1. Be Like a Shadow: Suppress your emotions. Be invisible, stay silent, and leave no trace.
2. Emotionlessness: Show no mercy. Do what your duty requires.
3. Knowledge is Power: Know your enemy in every aspect. Knowledge is the sharpest weapon.
4. Duty Above All: Duty comes before honor and personal gain.
5. Control: Keep your emotions in check. They are your enemy.
6. Silence: Your words can betray your secrets. Remain silent.
7. Secrecy: Conceal your identity. A shinobi is like a ghost.
8. Sacrifice: Be ready to sacrifice everything for your duty.
9. Embrace Death: Embrace death. Face it fearlessly.
10. Results Oriented: Results speak for themselves. Methods are irrelevant.

Have a good day!

Don't forget to comment and like