2

In a remote corner of the city, in an old and dilapidated looting house in the shantytown, two individuals named Felt and Rom were engaged in conversation. The atmosphere was filled with old wooden tables, worn-out chairs, and dim lights. Behind the bar counter, a towering man named Rom poured his own drink, while Felt, a young girl with blonde hair and ruby-red eyes, frequently glanced outside, seemingly attuned to what was happening beyond.

Breaking the silence, Felt began to speak, "Rom, I saw those three idiots when you were coming," she said, lightly tossing the badge in her hand into the air and then catching it again. This gesture demonstrated her cheerful and rebellious spirit.

After pouring his own drink, Rom turned to Felt, "What happened, Felt?" he asked, turning his eyes to the young girl with curiosity.

Felt's voice had a mocking tone, "I think they got beaten up by someone," she said, rolling her eyes slightly. "Gaston seemed like his arm was broken, Rachin's face was a mess, and Camberley looked like he was about to wet himself from fear."

Rom nodded thoughtfully and poured another glass. "If you try to steal in the city center, this is what happens," he said, offering advice based on past experiences. "I wonder who beat them up?" he asked, trying to understand what was going on around them.

Suddenly, with a sharp voice from a corner of the room, everyone's attention turned in that direction. "Me," said a man. Felt and Rom immediately turned their heads to face Subaru's determined gaze. Subaru, with his arms crossed and leaning against the wall, looked at them. Taking a step forward, he added in a cold voice, "Give back the stolen item." At that moment, the tension in the room intensified, and everyone's eyes focused on this unexpected encounter.

As Felt and Rom looked at Subaru in astonishment, Rom stepped forward and asked sternly, "Who are you?"

Subaru replied with a cold and firm voice, "I am merely a person held by the owner of the stolen property." Extending his hand threateningly towards them, he continued, "Return the stolen property immediately."

However, Felt responded agilely, "I rightfully stole that thing with my own wrist," she said, staring Subaru straight in the eyes. The tension between them escalated instantly, and the air in the room crackled with electricity. Meanwhile, Rom stood quietly in a corner, carefully observing the situation.

Rom slowly gripped the large club under the counter and suddenly lunged towards Subaru. Just as he was about to crush him with the massive club, he stopped abruptly, his eyes filled with fear.

Subaru's gaze had paralyzed him. The cold, merciless, and indifferent look in Subaru's eyes pierced through Rom's soul. The cruelty and power in his eyes filled Rom with a deep fear that momentarily froze his heart and sent a wave of sweat over him.

Amidst Rom's thoughts, a voice passed through his mind, "Astrea...?" A myriad of questions arose in his mind. "Is he the child or grandchild of the Sword Demon?" he wondered. The look in the boy's eyes and the aura he exuded resembled the Sword Demon, perhaps even worse. As these thoughts swirled in his mind, Rom felt as if his body had turned to stone.

Realizing that he couldn't find a force to oppose Subaru, Rom tried to suppress the fear within him and slowly lowered his trembling hands along with his club. The fear and helplessness in his eyes had settled on the old man's face. In that moment, while staring into Subaru's eyes, he felt he had to accept his fate.

Subaru suddenly sprang forward and grabbed Felt, holding her close. Just as Felt was about to yell for Subaru to let her go, she noticed a knife at her feet. A knife had been stabbed right where she had been sitting just moments ago. The sight left her stunned.