The Only Thing I Want To Study Is You -Hyunsung

duo- Hyunsung/Samsung
trope- academic rivals
word count- 1572
contains- swearing, fluff, terrible banter that sounds like something said by a British chav

---------------------------------

Hwang Hyunjin and Han Jisung were your classic school rivals. Kind of. Well, one of them was just an absolute idiot when it came to everything unless it's academic and the other one was simply a competitive nerd. Most students in their class gave up on even trying to get better grades than them and Hyunjin and Jisung, somehow, most times they got the same marks, which neither boy understood how. That didn't take away from their endless battle to be the top of the class, or even the school.

Hyunjin was calmly sitting under a tree with his best friend Seungmin at lunch on an average Friday. Hyunjin didn't care what day it was and Seungmin just begged to get through his last two lessons of the day. Which were Science and Literature. Two of Hyunjin's favourites. Two lessons Seungmin despised (Seungmin despised all lessons though, he just despiseds school).

"Are you ready for Science Seung?" Hyunjin asked, as he took his last bite into his ham and mayonnaise sandwich (don't judge his food choices).

To this question, Seungmin merely looked at Jisung with an 'are you kidding me?' look in his eyes (except if Seungmin had actually said that, he probably would've said 'fuck' somewhere in the sentence).

"...I'll take that as a no then." Hyunjin chuckled, his smile-y expression quickly turning into one of a scowl when a familiar boy walked past them.

"What are you staring at? Gotten too mesmerised by my handsome face, Hwang?" Jisung said, a classic banter tone in his voice as he stopped in his tracks. Felix, his best friend, standing (and looking bored as hell) behind him.

"In your fucking dreams." Hyunjin snapped back, "Anyway, shouldn't you be studying? I was gonna wish you luck for the science exam, you'll need it!"

"Oh come on, Hyunjin!" Jisung dragged out his words, in a dramatic way. "We both know I'm better at science than you."

"You say that to everything." Hyunjin rolled his eyes, frustratingly adjusting his annoying school tie. "Just fuck off already, Han!"

"Six steps ahead of you! Literally!" Jisung let out a sarcastic laugh as him and Felix ambled away.

After they had left, Hyunjin turned to look at Seungmin for a few seconds. They listened to the echoeing bell that even Hyunjin hated the sound of. When the noise trailed of, it left the two boys in silence and odd eye contact. Until Seungmin broke the silence (and the eye contact).

"Are you sure you don't have a crush on hi-"

"Oh, you fuck off too!" Hyunjin sighed dramatically, jumping from his seat and shoving his stuff away into his bag and chucking it over his shoulders.

"I'll take that as a yes then." Seungmin commented snarkily, collecting his stuff together calmer than Hyunjin did. He also had to pick up both of their blazers as Hyunjin forgot and left his on the grass (he did that a lot).

After one stressful science lesson, where they had an exam that they are yet to know the results for, and a long-winded lesson on shitty literature that Hyunjin and Jisung did not find interesting but still absorbed all the facts like their heads were vacuums. It soon came to an end and they were all assigned a project to work on that was due way too soon on the Monday nearly less than four days from then. They expected just to leave and go home, until they heard their names being called by their teacher.

"Hyunjin, Jisung, can you two stay for a minute?" Their teacher spoke with her usual sweet smile she always wore. When the two boys turned and approached her, she continued on. "About the assignment... now I know you two haven't always gotten on but I think it would be a great idea of you two worked together on this."