Reunited - Seungsung

duo- Seungsung
trope- Childhood Friends
word count- 1638
contains- fluffy goodness, autistic characters, just a hell of a lot fluff

-----------------

He really never could've imagined it. Standing there, eyes locked with someone he never thought he was gonna see again. Someone he grew up side by side with. Someone he loved more than anything else out there. Someone who understood him. Someone he understood. He could remember some of their best moments like they were yesterday.

The summer of 2007

Seungmin was running across the grass, giggling like the kid he was. Jisung, his best friend, was back from his trip to Japan. Seungmin was alone all week, he had no other friends after all. Nobody wanted to be around the autistic kid. Nobody except the other autistic kid, that was.

"SUNGIE!!" He called out, watching as the boy's head snapped around and the other came running back to him. Landing in eachother's arms. "How was your trip?"

"The best!! I'll tell you everything!" The boy grinned back, jumping up and down in circles hugging his best friend. Seungmin didn't like hugs, unless they were with Jisung and missed the boy's hugs very much.

2013, New Years Eve

Jisung hated New Years Eve, the noise and chaos. Despite being a noisy kid himself, the thirteen year old would've much preferred to not be sitting in his best friend's arms and holding eachother's hands over eachothers ears at midnight.

"10," Seungmin whispered, the door locked shut to block out as much loud noise as possible.

"9," Jisung continued, smiling in the comfort of his favourite person.

"8,"

"7,"

"6,"

"5,"

"4,"

"3,"

"2,"

"1."

"Happy New Year, Minnie." Jisung grinned, flinching at the yelling coming from their families downstairs. Their families always spent New Years Eve together, depsite the boys hiding away upstairs.

"Happy New Year, Sungie." Seungmin spoke in reply, "Can't wait for what's next for us."

April, 2016

Seungmin was, terrified, to put it simply. He didn't want to ever lose his best friend, especially not over something like this. He was pretty sure Jisung would have zero problem with his sexuality and even had speculations Jisung was at least curious towards that kinda thing. That never took away the fear and anxiety though, especially when communication wasn't his strong point.

"Minnie? What's wrong?" Jisung spoke, clearly worried for his best friend. "Something's on your mind, talk to me."

"I'm-"

Seungmin hesitated, Jisung noticed.

"Just, take your time." The fifteen year old reassured his best friend. They were sat on the floor of Jisung's bedroom, surrounding by the sensory haven he had made it to be. A projector shimmered light around the room and Seungmin fiddled with a stress ball between his fingers. They were speaking quietly, Jisung knew whatever was to be said wasn't something to be yelled out to the world.

"I-" Seungmin began, taking a breath and just letting out his thoughts. "I'm gay."

Jisung's expression changed, not because he was mad but because the teenager had burst into tears directly after the words had left his lips. Jisung pulled him into a tight hug.