Chapter 9

Amelia

"Oof I thought we would never leave," Lucien commented as I finally got inside the car.

"Edwin please take us to the address that Mr. Lucien has so kindly told you," I heard Edwin snicker from the front seat and just laughed. Lucien looked at me with a look, like really. I was sure he had been sitting in the car for the last twenty minutes he would have done nothing but bark orders at my driver. Lucien had a knack for impatience, a trait that often had me rolling my eyes, though fondly.

"Oh my gracious Queen thank you for being helpful but it was all because of you that we have been late," Lucien replied as he sat back on his seat while I just rolled my eyes at him. It was a bad habit but I just couldn't rid of it ever. I had no idea about my childhood just that I was a baby and left at the orphanage gate. Even though it was a small town yet no one knew who my parents were. The last of the rumors I had heard was that someone from a different city or town might have dropped me off there.

"What took you so long, by the way," he asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Nothing, just final preparations as I got ready," he looked at my attire and then at my face for almost a minute as if searching for clues.

"Really?" he asked. "You are wearing the same clothes that you were when I entered your house and before you say makeup I can see you are barely wearing any." Turning my head away from him I just laughed nervously.

................................................................................................................

Please read the rest of the chapter on Inkitt. I'm really sorry but Wattoad had deleted one of my books and that is why I'm scared to publish here any more. They don't give any warning and just delete it hope you understand and this book is free there.

Thank you very much.

Hello lovelies! Here is the new chapter hope you liked this chapter. I would be updating another chapter in the next twelve hours. Don't worry I have already scheduled. Who do you think this client is