Chapter 10

Amelia

"Oh no," Luciens' words had me looking at him with raised brows.

"Whatever happens I won't let you go for a while," he said and for a second I couldn't understand what he was talking about. 

"No more vacations for you for a while. I need you for lots of work right now," the realization hit me and I just laughed at his words. 

 "If this necklace goes well this man's family has got some members who would be up for some special unique kind of jewelry," I just shook my head at his words. He always had business on his mind I had really no idea how his wife Sarah dealt with him.

"You just care about your commission Lucien," the man actually pouted at my words he was almost pushing to his fifty yet he pouted. "Don't worry I love the money too," I added and that got him smiling.

"We are going to be there in another five minutes, Ms. Amelia," Edwin informed me from the front.

"Thanks for the head up, Edwin." As I sat back looking at the passing buildings I thought about my work. I loved it a lot; it paid well, but deep down, I needed to have more money. I would never turn down any job even though I had almost nearly a million in my account because there was once a time when I didn't have a penny.

I had begged for a single penny and worked with all my might to get a single penny. Never again would I like to feel like that. Eating scraps from bins to survive. The clothes on my body were smelly and tattered making me even hate myself.

"Go away, shoo," she sneered as I approached, her words like daggers stabbing into my heart. 

Read the rest of the chapter on INKITT for free! It's free I would be really glad if you guys could read it there. Fingers crossed.

Hello Everyone!

Here is another chapter.  Fingers crossed, fully nervous about what you all with think of this chapter.

Who do you think is this person? I'm fully nervous and waiting for what you all think.