STRESSED

{02} 𖣔᯾ 𝙹𝚊𝚣𝚣𝚢 ᯾𖣔

Lunch started exactly the way I wanted I too, with me, Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos all walking to the Quad, absolutely carefree and not at all worrying about what event we had next or what spells we needed to learn.

For once it was just us, the VKs and nobody else.

Jay was, of course, flirting with girls left right and center.

"Why torture them? Just pick one to take to Cotillion." Carlos laughed as Jay blew a kiss to a blonde girl sat on the wall with her friends beside her.

"Nah, I'm going solo. That way I can dance with all of them." Jay explained, Carlos nodding his head. I simply rolled my eyes at his answer, it was normal for Jay to want all the girls.

"Ah, you're the expert." Carlos laughed, but then his face went serious, "But... you used to date a lot on the Isle, right?"

"I wouldn't really call my job dating but sure. And Jay's just a manwhore. He's never actually had a girlfriend." I scoffed, eyeing my brother with a smirk on my face.

"That's because none of them have really- wowed me yet. I want someone unique, you know?" Jay turned back to Carlos and nodded him to continue with wherever he was going.

"Right- but like, if I was gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?" The De Vil boy asked, staring at the floor nervously.

"Look... all you gotta do...." Jay started, Carlos hanging onto his every word, "Is look like me and Jas."

He burst out laughing as Carlos rolled his eyes. I winked at him when he turned back to me for help.

He groaned until he abruptly stopped at the sight of Jane.

From what I understood, he had a thing for her, but she seemed positively oblivious.

While they gushed and talked to each other as if they were ten years old, I turned back to the two girls. Evie seemed distracted with her notebook, sketching dress designs for Cotillion.

So instinctively, I walked up to Mal and hooked my arm into hers, which snapped her out of the trance she was in.

"You good?" I whispered to the fake blonde, my eyes scanning hers.

The green orbs were telling the answer at me. 'NO! NO I CAN'T DO THIS! NO!'

"Yeah, you?" She whispered back, frowning at the look of empathy on my face.

"Eh, as good as any VK could be when they're dating a royal." I mumble back, my eyes locking onto Carlos and Jay as they walk away from Jane.

"I can't wait to see what your weddings will look like." Lonnie, who was now stood behind Jane with Evie next to her, squealed.

I frowned while the blonde next to me beamed, "Yeah! Wait what.." Her smile faltered and then dropped as she absorbed the girl's words.

"Did you just say wedding in a sentence directed at me?" I managed to mumble out, never had I ever thought of getting married, at least not this soon.

"Cotillion is like an engaged to be engaged to be engaged!" Jane smiled, and I truly loved that girl, but right now I wished she would shut up.

"I knew it!" The bluenette gasped.

"Well everyone knows it!" Lonnie laughed, as if all this were so casual.

"Well clearly not everyone because I didn't know it!" My face was turning a few shades paler than normal, my cheeks filling with a pink tone.