SHRIMPY

{06} 𖣔᯾ 𝙴𝚟𝚒𝚎 ᯾𖣔

"Where are they?" I frowned as Ben and Ali came down the stairs with no sign of Jazzy or Mal.

"They aren't coming." Ben answered weakly, walking past Carlos who looked at him sympathetically.

I sighed and walked over to the intercom which was makeshift, and in reality was just a large pipe that travelled up the building and stopped one in our room and one at the bottom of the stairs.

"M? Jaz? Guys, it's Evie- lemme just talk to you for a sec." I said into the cone, only to be answered with a loud:

"Go away!"

"Let's just give 'em a couple hours to cool off." Carlos suggested and reluctantly, me and Jay nodded.

And if things couldn't go worse, Carlos frowned and widened his eyes, "Guys- where are Ben and Ali?"

"Ben?!" I instantly yelled into the dark alleyway.

No reply.

"Ali?!"

The same, no reply.

A shadow in the darkness moving towards us made me frown, there was only one shadow.

"Oh my god, don't scare us like that. Where's Ali?" I sighed in relief as the shadow grew closer- but it was much taller than Ben and didn't walk or move like Ben did.

"Don't scare you- but that's my speciality."  The Scottish accent made my heart sink into my chest.

Harry Hook.

I hadn't seen him in a millennium. He dated Jazzy briefly because he'd been a client and she'd picked him as her obvious favourite.

But she left him here, she left her past behind and now he's back.

"Harry." I mumbled through gritted teeth.

"Where are Ben and Ali?" Jay snapped at him, his face red.

He'd never rooted for Harry and Jazzy, probably because of how they met and how Harry could never seem to take his hands off her.

"Oh uh- we nicked 'em- uh huh and uh if yer want 'em back, have Mal and Jazzy come to the chippe shoppe tonight- alone..." He waved his hook in our faces like he was actually going to harm us with it, "Uma wants a wee visit- eh?"

"Oh I ought to-" Jay growled as he stepped forward to lunge at the pirate, but Carlos held him back.

"Jay." I said firmly, we didn't need a street fight drawing attention to us.

"Aw Jay, seems like yer've lost yer touch." Harry laughed and barked at Carlos, who only scowled in return.

And then, just as quick as he had appeared, he turned away and walked off.

"Shit..." I mumbled as I looked between the two boys.

"Mal's gonna be pissed." Carlos widened his eyes as he shared our looks of worry and confusion.

"Forget Mal- Jazzy's gonna kill us." Jay breathed out, running a hand through his hair.

𖣔᯾ 𝙹𝚊𝚣𝚣𝚢 ᯾𖣔

"Damn it!" I yelled as I slammed my hands down onto the coffee table.

"What were you thinking?!" Mal asked the group as she folded her arms across her chest.

"They were gonna come with or without us we just wanted to protect them!" Evie defended, and I scoffed at her words.

Carlos sighed, "Yeah and we blew it."