fifty seven

TARAJI

TARAJI

i was exhausted when i made it to Houston, but i wasn't resting until i at least heard Kayla's voice. i had Mike and the other three guards to pick me up and take me to the air bnb they were staying at.

when i walked in, i looked around. all of their belongings were still in the house. once i saw Kayla things, i tried not to break down, but i did anyway. i tried calling again, but her phone went straight to voicemail this time.

"Should we contact the police?"

"No, that means my baby would be labeled as a missing person who'd end up all over the internet, and she would hate that just as much as I would. Im gonna find her myself. "

"Ok, we could start by checking the cameras at the mall. I took them to last night,"

"What mall?"

"The galleria"

"Let's go,"

that's one big ass mall, i will say.

"There's a security guy over there he'd probably be able to lead us to the cameras."

"Hey, could you possibly show us the camera footage from last night around....?"

"Nine, nine thirty something like that."

"Ta-Taraji Henson?"

"That's not important right now. I just need to see the footage. My daughter and her friends could be missing. I need to see it now... please"

"Uh yeah, sure, right this way,"

he guided us to the back.

"Ok, so, just scroll and see if you can find whatever it is you're looking for. I'll give you a minute. "

"Thank you,"

i typed the time Mike gave me and watched until they finally caught my eye.

"There!"

"Ma'am, do you see what I see?"

"Somebody other than you and the other three guards was following them. I can't even see who it is. "

"Try to zoom in a bit,"

"I've never seen this guy a day in my life. Did they ask to go anywhere else after leaving here?"