Chapter 475

I airstep upward to appraise the silver diamond spear tip falling through the air before opening a spatial magic portal to let it fall into my item storage.

[Metal Fragment of Infinite Regeneration][+338% Strength][+290% Mental Strength][+277% Defense][Hidden Ability]

In the same upward movement, I pinpoint the 6th ranked dark guard way off in the distance flying away from me at high speeds.

I don't hesitate to blast off and follow it through the sky at an even faster rate using all of my buffs and wind magic skill.

I'm able to catch up to it in a matter of minutes, but the amount of mana I used to rocket through the sky this far would be highly inefficient for high-speed travel over long distances. It is much more efficient at flying than I am.

However, this doesn't matter as I swing my Qi-infused sword two times and slice off both of its wings at their bases.

The creature doesn't react until it's too late, erupting into a sea of orange soul energy while I stand on its back with my blade pointed at its neck.

We both plummet toward the desert floor. Its severed wings spin away into the wind by our sides as I open a telepathy link with the creature.

"Don't try anything stupid, your life is in my hands now."

As it feels my Qi-infused sword start to melt through the back of its neck, the violent orange crescents of wind that was forming all around us disappear and it responds.

"Impossible... you defeated number 2...? That is... just not possible."

I shove the blade deeper into its neck again as we fall through the thin cloud line and the golden desert sand becomes visible below us.

"Well, I'm here now and your partner isn't here to save you again. So, it is in fact possible. I killed number 2."

I twist my blade and continue talking.

"Now, you're going to tell me a few things, and in return I'll set you free. How about that?"

It lets out a painful screech after my blade rips through its feathers and muscles, colliding with its upper spine. However, the bird doesn't respond.

"I take this vow of silence as a wish for death..."

I channel more Qi into the blade, and it begins burning more flesh.

"Very well..."

The desert floor gets closer as I ride the wingless bird at an increasing speed toward the ground. I thrust my sword forward to kill it here and now, but it replies through our link.

"WAIT! I'll tell you what you need? What do you want? You'll really set me free? A-And my wings what about my wings- I-"

I smirk and stop my forward thrust, pulling my sword back right before where I could have severed its head from its spine.

"Sure, you'll get your wings back. Tell me what other guards are on their way, and what other forces can I expect to face coming here in the near future. I want time frame estimates, power levels in comparison to yourself and that 2nd ranked dark guard. Then most importantly, where can I find The Dark One?"

I feel fear shiver through the bird's body, and a moment of hesitation in its reply come after my questions, so I stab the sword back in its neck.

"Answer me before we hit the ground."

It replies the moment it feels my blade's tip hit its spine again.

"I-Alright- I'll tell you what I know! I promise I'll tell you everything, just-"