Chapter 481

I expand the range of my all-seeing eye and enemy detection once I hear Luna shouting. My range reaches out as far as the town nearly 10 km away on one side, but I can't sense anything in the opposite direction.

On full blast, I can feel the readings of rogue dungeons up to 50-70 km away if I push myself, but for some reason, I can't sense this Dark Guard that she's crying out about.

Maria is on alert too, and I feel her natural aura spread out a few kilometers, but the same confused expression shows on her face as she doesn't sense anything out of the ordinary either.

Luna makes it nearby us, and points far out in the desert in the direction of Sector 1.

"It's coming. Whatever it is, it's incredibly angry."

She keeps pointing in the same direction, but I'm positive there's nothing out there.

Still, the fact that she accurately described the 5th ranked Dark Guard's appearance and number placement makes me believe her vision is real.

I jump in the air, and Maria follows me upward. I use telekinesis to carry Luna again and we start drifting off in the direction she's pointed.

"Tell me if we're going the right way. We'll confront this guard before it makes it close to the town."

She nods, looking around with her eyes glowing with a light blue aura, but speaks up before activating her ranked-up buff again.

"I can't see it without my buff activated."

On her status now, I see Legendary Grade [Moonlight's Gaze], along with two buffs; [Eye of The Last Full Moon] and a new one that she received after hitting level 1000 called [Awakened Guardian's Eye].

The enormous blue eye emerges from her back and floats above us, staring off into the empty desert and I pose a question.

"Which buff is this? I can see you have two."

She doesn't reply for a moment, but points off in the desert.

"It's the Awakened Guardian's Eye. I can't see far enough with the other one, same with my skill; they work best at night."

I turn my head up to look at the eye and hear her voice call out from behind me again.

"About 300 kilometers. That's how far out it is by the way... At its current pace, it still would have taken all day to make it here... I might have overreacted."

I grin.

"No. That's exactly the reaction I wanted, don't worry about it. Is that the limit to your range? 300 kilometers?"

"Right now? I think so... I notified you the moment I saw it."

"Are there any other troops with it? Or is the guard all alone?"

She shakes her head.

"There's nothing else around it. It's just trudging through the desert alone... I don't know why..."

"Good. So with you on watch, we'll have plenty of time to prepare if any other troops do show up in the future. Keep using that eye and notify me if there are any changes in its behaviors or you see any more troops within range."

I let a handful of mana potions out of my items storage and let them float over to Luna while I increase the speed of my steps to catch up to Maria.

"Seems like it's the same guard you fought in Valor City. You ready for round 2? I think you can take it on with your power now."

Maria's eyes light up with Ice magic and the barrier of Qi surrounding her body reflexively gets more dense around her vital areas before she responds.

"Yes, I've been waiting to face that Guard since the moment I entered the isolation pod. What are the odds it'd come to greet me once I finished my training?"