glimpse of us

*2 hours before*

*2 hours before*

Paige

Today was the day that Camille arrived, I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. She and I have always been pitted against each other and considering I just got cleared to play coming back from my ACL, I'm scared that she may be better than me. I'm scared that all my hard work will go down the drain but most of all Im scared that I won't be able to play as well as I did before my ACL. When it happened my whole world shattered, I felt my heart break into a million pieces. basketball was my whole world.  I don't I'm just confused about the whole thing.

I put in my earphones and played SZA, whilst writing down some notes in my book, I had an assignment I needed to finish so I wasn't going to be going to the airport with Azzi to pick Camille up. Geno had asked us too since we played together in Team USA, but we were only really acquaintances. 

"Yo P" I heard Azzi say as she walked through the door to my room.

"Yo," I said back concentrating on my work.

"So we gon' talk about the elephant in the room or what?" she asked.

The fuck this girl on sometimes.

"What?" 

"You know? Camille coming?" she questioned further.

"Oh nah it's cool, word. I know she won't be taking my spot so I'm chill" I laughed. Azzi rolled her eyes at me.

"Alright well tell me if you finish your assignment and can come" she smiled whilst whacking me with her hand on the back of my head. I laughed with her as she exited my room and I put my AirPods back in, SZA.  

*present*

*present*

Camille 

Azzi and I  arrived at the UConn campus, we had been chatting on the car ride here. She was filling me in on all the UConn 'goss' and also Geno, all his mannerisms and funny things he does.  Azzi was telling me that one time when she was a freshman and Paige and Nika pranked him, He told them that they would all be sitting on the bench for the rest of the year because their "performance wasn't good" when In reality he just wanted to see their faces go pale and lost. Apparently, he has a video of it and a video of him laughing afterwards.