birthday

Camille

Camille

It had been about two weeks since I went out for coffee with Bohdi, it was hard getting over Paige, to say the least. Every time he texted me it was like I had Paige hanging over my ear and laughing at me, telling me 'who's that idiot'. I was frustrated that my heart didn't think the same as my head, it went in a completely different direction when I thought about getting over her. My head said no but my heart said yes. That is why I wasn't into Bohdi like that, he was the sweetest guy you could've possibly met, he paid for my coffee, texted me morning and goodnight, he was cute, he took pictures of me when he thought I looked pretty and our conversations were always lighthearted and sweet. It was almost perfect.

But he wasn't her. I wanted the thrill that I got when Paige would talk to me, I wanted the fuzzy feeling in my stomach when we would play fight and she would pretend to tease me. I wanted the shock when Paige and I would be on the same team in training and when she scored she would pick me up making us both laugh. Or even the pure anger when we were on different teams and Paige would foul me and cause us both to get competitive.

He wanted me, But I still wanted her, no matter how hard I try not to.

The thing is I couldn't force her to like me.

So I had to force myself to not like her. Which was hard considering both our birthdays were over the next few days. Paige's birthday is October 20th which is tomorrow and mine is October 23rd, another similarity between the two of us. Another thing we share. In fact, we share so much that the other day Paige and I decided to do a joint birthday dinner on Saturday which was my birthday. I obviously wanted to share this day with her more than anybody, plus I would rather have her as my best friend than nothing at all. Even if it did hurt like hell.

**

I had woken up from my sleep to see Paige on her bed, sleeping calmly. Today was her birthday and despite my feelings towards her and how upset it made me knowing she didn't feel the same. I was going to make today truly special for her, she was my best friend and I owe her a good birthday.

I got up slowly and quietly to try not to wake her up. I put on some sweats and a hoodie and grabbed the present I had been hiding from her out from under my bed, it was wrapped in blue paper with a white bow around it. As I pulled out the present I walked over to Paige's side of the room and sat next to her on her bed, I lightly shook the girl as she rubbed her eyes and awoke from her slumber.

"Happy birthday P!" I whispered so as to not startle her. She looked over at me, the smile on her face grew as she sat up from her bed. Surprisingly she wasn't mad I woke her up instead her face showed pure happiness.

Before I could say anything else she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me down into her so that we were both lying down next to each other, embracing. Fuckkk why does she do this to me? how am I meant to get over her?