4. lifeless but alive.

Ibrahim Malik sat alone in his dimly lit bedroom, staring blankly at the wall

Ibrahim Malik sat alone in his dimly lit bedroom, staring blankly at the wall. His once vibrant eyes now held a haunted look, reflecting the torment that raged inside him. It had been three years since he made the fateful decision to force himself upon Anaisha Verma, driven by vengeance against her father who had brutally murdered his parents and violated his mother right before his very eyes. That night still echoed in his mind like a chilling symphony of pain and rage.

As Ibrahim continued to drown in his thoughts, someone knocked on his door suddenly, jolting him back into reality. With a heavy sigh, he rose from his chair and walked towards the door.

"Who could it be?"

he muttered under his breath, opening the door cautiously

To his surprise, it was his best friend, Rishabh.

Rishabh stepped inside, concern etched across his face.

"Hey man, I haven't seen you in days",

he said softly, placing a hand on Ibrahim's shoulder.

"Is everything okay?"

Ibrahim hesitated for a moment before responding, his voice barely above a whisper.

"It's nothing, just busy with business."

He tried to shrug off the question but couldn't hide the pain behind his words. Rishabh studied him closely, sensing something was amiss. Rishabh poured a glass of whiskey for himself and for Ibrahim. He was still surprised that Ibrahim had made a small bar in his bedroom!

"Come on, Ibrahim, let's sit and talk." he insisted gently. They both got settled on the chairs in the balcony.

"We've known each other since childhood - there isn't much left unsaid between us."

With those words hanging in the air. Ibrahim sighed deeply, feeling the weight of his secret bearing down on him. He knew he couldn't keep it hidden forever, especially not from someone as perceptive as Rishabh. But where would he even begin? How could he possibly explain what drove him to such a dark place?

As Ibrahim struggled to find the words, his grandfather entered the room quietly, sensing the tension in the air.

Grandfather's arrival provided a brief relief for Ibrahim, giving him some time to gather his thoughts. He looked up at the old man gratefully, grateful for the distraction. Grandfather noticed the somber atmosphere immediately and asked gently, "What seems to be troubling my boy today?"

He took a seat beside Ibrahim, offering silent support.

Ibrahim hesitated again, glancing nervously between Rishabh and his grandfather. Finally, he decided it was time to share his burden with them both. With tears welling in his eyes, he confessed everything - from Anaisha's father's demise to forcing himself upon her out of sheer hatred and anger. As he spoke, memories flooded back - moments of tenderness shared with Anaisha during their three-year relationship followed by the horrific act that destroyed everything they had built together.