Chapter 3: The Small Things

You and Celestia are in class recording your lecture like the other students.

"I'm bored," Celestia messaged you with.

"So am I," you messaged back, "But better this than get electrocuted for sleeping."

"I know," Celestia messaged back. "At least they give us some freedom with the E-masks."

"We are allowed to visit the city for two after this class period," you messaged. "I know of a good Gyoza stand that's close to here. Want to eat there?"

"Of course," Celestia messaged. "I'd be interested in changing up my meals. If it's not mashed potatoes, it's the same blocked meat, fruit, and vegetables. I need to eat something with a different taste."

"Then it's agreed," you messaged.

You went through the rest of the class and waited for it to end. Once it ended, you and Celestia left and went to the city in your two-hour free time, where you went to the Gyoza stand and ordered your food.

You sat down at the nearest table and enjoyed the taste of the food.

Celestia: "If those food tasteless food blocks were the only thing that I ate, I'd be crying from taking a bite of this gyoza."

"Yeah. The mashed potatoes were the only thing that had flavor, and probably the only thing that wasn't processed."

Celestia: "I think the food is borderline cruel and unusual punishment, but I guess it's still better than eating horribly done food. Still can't get those images out of my head."

"Isn't that just a thing you see on TV and stuff?"

Celestia: "Unfortunately, no. I've known and seen people who made food so horrible, that they unfortunately didn't have a pixelated censor on it."

"Yikes!"

Celestia: "Yeah. I was able to get a student to make high-class meals by winning against them in games, and then, here I am after getting caught after years of avoiding it."

"I don't mean to demean you when I say maybe you should enjoy the small things during your time at the Eden Academy."

Celestia: "I know. Thanks for showing me the stand. I think I know where to get comfort food now."

"Any time."

The two of you finished your food before heading back to the academy.