II

simple chapter before I begin slicing onions

kekekeke

------------------------

Being a kid is always a good excuse.

Why? Treine can gossip as much as he wants! He's like that third-party listener.

These maids are constantly gossiping around him, assuming he does not understand everything. These gossiping maids and servants are always doing this. Not to mention, they've been pretty badmouthing his big brother, Deon.

"He is always sick."

"He can not even compete with Young Master Cruel."

"Moreover, he does not look like the count or countess; his white hair and red eyes are creepy."

"If it is about red eyes, the youngest lord has one; perhaps the count and countess have a relative with red eyes."

"But how about the white hair?"

The ramblings went on and on. Treine simply gurgled and listened intently. He can use all of this information to evaluate his current circumstances.

Hardt County. A county that has been a key component of Esperanas' military. The count previously served in the military.

He had a talented oldest brother, Cruel, who was described as a bright young man.

But he is just a devoted brother.

He also has a second brother named Deon.

He initially freaked out because he assumed it was Deon Agriche and decided to be adopted in this world. That man is insanely tenacious!

However, the Deon of this world is a kind-hearted individual who enjoys reading books. Roksu truly enjoyed that aspect of himself, and why not? He does not do anything and just listens, and his second brother's voice is soothing!

But.

Where are they now?

"Myahhh!"

Why are his brothers not here? He enjoys their company more than the gossiping servants. If Ron were here, he would kick them out right away.

It is already afternoon, but they have not arrived yet.

Pity away! Me! Your baby brother! Where are you, my beloved Hyung-nims?

"Myaaaaaaaaaaah!"

He continued to cry, stare, and cry. Kim Roksu can simply wail because he has nothing else to do. That damn fucking Bastard of Death enjoyed turning you into an infant; at the very least, his annoying baby cries must have irritated him!

"MYAAAAAH!"

And make a loud wail.

"I can hear you crying down the hall."

"He cries loudly! Haha! Hello, Treine; did you miss your second brother?"

He eventually stopped crying.

Yep! Yep! Only in your presence does silence feel luxurious!

"Kyahaha!" Here's some adorable fanservice for you. He laughs, kicking his cute little legs and flapping his adorable tiny arms. His tiny fist taps Deon's cheeks while his feet kick at Cruel's thigh. "kiyaaaaa!"

Cruel and Deon both blushed and giggled as they admired his cuteness! You can not do anything with a small, adorable creature!

"Why are you so adorable?" Deon asks, laughing and kissing his cheeks. Cruel simply smiled and sat with his younger siblings, even closer. He continued to flap his tiny limbs and squirm, as any infant does. It made his brothers laugh, smile, and coo over how adorable he is!

Of course! I am adorable! Any baby is considered adorable!

It's the most dangerous weapon that ever existed in the world!

The rest of the afternoon was the same old day. Cruel becoming his and Deon's pillow; Deon citing the whole book and him; holding his feet in a very uncomfortable yet comfortable manner while burrowing deeper into their warmth.

Hah. Bliss. He did this while living as Allioune. He loves sleeping with his older siblings and doing nothing at all. He also loves how they would always fall asleep together.

Just like today—

But—

"It's been a while."

Treine stared at the black-haired and red-eyes lunatic who had been vigilantly following him in every word.

Dion Agriche.

Treine was about to cry out, but Dion's gaze stopped him.

The black-haired person was staring at him longingly. He had tears rolling down his cheeks as well.

"Finally...I could meet you...alive and well."

Radish's description of the lunatic was completely incorrect. This man is simply yearning for a part of himself that he used to have.

"I could meet you, alive and well."

Ah. Treine did not cry even when Dion took him into his arms. He laid his forehead against his and hugged him tightly.

He remembered Dion desperately trying to embrace his body in Lan Wangji's world. He was dying in that world, and the desperate Dion was there to hold him until his last breath. He was screaming, crying so loudly that he thought it was uncharacteristic of Dion.

"I will not do anything unless you want me to." The man who wanted to keep him under control and imprison him begged for the first time, "I knew that no matter what world you would live in, you would die all over again."

Treine simply looked at him.

"Allow me to stay by your side and hold you while you are still alive and well."

Dion is still unable to speak, but he knows exactly what he wants to accomplish.

"I just don't want to hold your cold body all over again."

With that, Dion placed him back in between his brothers. His rough, calloused hands brushed his head to his cheeks and chin, and a soft kiss landed on his forehead.

"Please don't abandon me all over again."

Treine didn't cry or move. He just watched Dion leave for the night.

He simply stared at the ceiling and waited for the night to end.

.

.

"He didn't cry while he's awake and all," Deon said the next morning.

"He's so mature despite his age."

Treine stared at his siblings, who kept talking about him not crying while awake throughout the night.

Who could sleep on a night like that?

The person he had been trying to fool while running away found him first and even begged him.

Well, Dion didn't do anything to him. He didn't even try kidnapping him. He returned him to his current siblings and left without saying a word.

But—

"Myaah?"

Why are his brothers all dressed up?

"There's going to be a ball later, so we won't be able to come earlier. Don't miss your big brother's too much, okay?" Cruel patted him and smiled.

What? Why? Bring me too! It's boring here!

"Myah? Myah? Myaaaahhhahahahaahaha! MYAAAAAAAAAAH!"

He protested but who gives a baby curse a damn?

But it was at that moment that their tragic fate would begin.

TBC

Kekekekekekekekeke

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA