Chapter 2: Lover, Homie, & Enemy

After successfully sneaking me out of the all female dorms, I couldn't help but wonder if the effort was worth it because the women didn't seem to care about the other guys I seen walking out of that motherfucka like they owned it.

      What the hell was I sneaking for? Then again, different things happen to different people, so it might've dodged a bullet. For all I know, those dudes could be in trouble. One can never be too comfortable.

      "Alright, here's where we separate," she said with a smile.
    "I guess it is," I said with a sigh.
    "Give me a hug," she said as she spread her small arms out far and wide for me.

     I smiled, pulled her little body up against mines in a firm hug, picked her up, and rocked our bodies a little, making us laugh.

      "Why you gotta leave me?" I asked as I pretended to cry.
        "Aww baby, I'll be back," she said with a chuckle. "Bare with me for a day and a half."
       "I know, but it won't be the same," I said as I held her up for three more seconds before putting her back down on her feet.  "The king gone be lonely in his palace without his queen."
       "You'll have your donkey to keep you company," She said, as she was referring to my roommate and best friend, but that's another chapter.
         "Baby really?" I asked as she cackled like that was the funniest thing in the world.
      "I'm just saying, besides I don't like him, and I wish you didn't either," she said, honestly. "But anyway, enough about him. Will me sending you some sexy pictures help?"

  Sierra started biting down on her bottom lip.

      "Hmm...well, ain't nothing wrong with a little band-aid for my boo-boo," I teased as we both laughed at that.

        Just then, her phone rang. With a sigh, she started taking it out of her dress pockets to answer it, and I don't know if I my mind was playing tricks on me like some old Geto Boys type shit, but I could've sworn I heard a male's voice on the other end of the phone, but then I remembered her telling me that her sister was married.

     "Well uh, I better get going," I said as I pointed behind me with my thumb.
       "Okay Daysean," she said without looking at me to turn around and head back inside rather hurriedly.

   Narrowing my already naturally small eyes, I thought that was odd, but she did say she had a lot to do, so it was right, I suppose. 

     Shrugging my shoulders, I just shoved my hands in my pockets and headed on my merry way.

+/+×/+×/×+/+×/+×/×+/+×/+×/×+/+×/+×/×+/+×/+

          As my shoes covered feet stamped down on every sidewalk on the big ass  campus of UOA, allow me to take the time out to introduce myself.

        The name's Daysean Maurice Coleman. I go by Day for short or Sean and Day-Day if you're nasty. Ha! I'm just fuckin' around...or am I?

       Anyway, I'm twenty-three years old and 6'2''. My birthday was back in March and if somebody was wondering, yeah I'm team pisces. I was originally born in Harlem, New York, but my family moved us to Houston, Texas during my freshman year in high school, because of the crime rates, plus my pop's ended up getting a better job, so that was that. Yes, I still have my accent.

    I'm currently attending the HBCU of
UOA or University of Adonis in Atlanta, Georgia. As Sierra mentioned earlier, I did choose to come here on the count of one of my three high school football scholarships, because I heard Atlanta was like the Southern New York and I wanted to get to a new space where motherfuckas didn't know me, but it wasn't as soon as I would hope.

     I got horribly injured during my senior year with a broken leg and had to do therapy for a year and a half, so I didn't enroll until got 21 by the grace of God. I'm a Sophomore, now.

    Coming here was the best thing that happened to me. Not only did I get the good grades and the praises on the football field, but I also got the girl.