CHAPTER 5

A City of Traders

As the seasons change and fall descends upon the frozen wilderness, the Maine Coon beast and I continue our journey, navigating through the shifting landscapes with a sense of purpose and determination. Together, we have weathered the harsh winter months, facing untold dangers and overcoming countless obstacles in our quest for survival.

Throughout our travels, the bond between us has only grown stronger, forged in the crucible of adversity and strengthened by the unspoken trust that exists between kindred spirits. The Maine Coon beast remains by my side, a silent guardian and steadfast companion in a world where danger lurks around every corner. As we journey deeper into the heart of the wilderness, we stumble upon a city of traders unlike any I have ever seen before. These traders are not ordinary merchants, but mutated beasts that speak the human language with surprising fluency. They peddle their wares in bustling marketplaces, offering a wide array of goods and services to those who pass through their gates.

Food, clothing, weapons—the traders sell everything a weary traveler could possibly need to survive in this unforgiving world. Their marketplaces are a hive of activity, filled with the sounds of bargaining and bartering as buyers and sellers haggle over prices and strike deals. Despite their fearsome appearance, the traders are a friendly and welcoming bunch, eager to do business with anyone who comes their way. They may be mutated beasts, but they possess a keen intelligence and a shrewd business sense that rivals that of any human merchant. As I wander through the bustling streets of the city, I am struck by the diversity of the traders and the exotic goods they have to offer. Each stall is a treasure trove of wonders, filled with strange and wonderful artifacts from distant lands.

But amidst the hustle and bustle of the marketplace, I cannot help but feel a sense of unease creeping over me. Beneath the veneer of civility, there lurks a darkness—a shadowy underbelly of secrets and deceit that threatens to tear the fragile peace of the city asunder. And so, as the Maine Coon beast and I continue our journey through the city of traders, I remain ever vigilant, knowing that danger lurks behind every smiling face and whispered promise. In this city of wonders and wares, survival depends not only on strength and skill, but on the ability to navigate the treacherous currents of greed and ambition that flow through its streets like a river of molten gold.

As Pierre sits atop the Maine Coon beast, the creature moves with a silent grace through the crowded streets of the city of traders. With each step, the Maine Coon emits a low hiss, warning off any merchants or thieves who dare to approach too closely, its presence commanding respect and deference from the bustling crowd of beasts. The traders part ways as the towering cat passes through their midst, making space for the imposing duo as they navigate through the maze of stalls and marketplaces. Pierre remains quiet, his gaze fixed on the array of goods and services being peddled by the merchants, his senses attuned to the ebb and flow of the crowd.

As night descends upon the city, a jellyfish-like beast rises into the sky, its ethereal glow illuminating the darkness with a soft, otherworldly light. The creature seems to draw energy from the wanderers and beasts below, casting a gentle radiance that bathes the marketplace in a warm and comforting glow. Pierre watches in awe as the jellyfish beast hovers overhead, its translucent form pulsating with a rhythmic dance of light and shadow. It is a mesmerizing sight, a beacon of hope amidst the chaos of the city, its presence a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there is always beauty to be found.

And as Pierre and the Maine Coon beast continue their journey through the city of traders, they are bathed in the gentle glow of the jellyfish beast's light, their path illuminated by its ethereal radiance. In the midst of this bustling metropolis, where danger lurks around every corner and secrets lie hidden beneath the surface, they find solace in the simple beauty of the night sky and the silent companionship that binds them together.

Amidst the chaotic cacophony of mixed yells and shouts from the traders, each vying for the attention of passersby, Pierre and the Maine Coon beast navigate through the crowded streets with practiced ease.

"Over here! Prices dropped to 50% off!" one trader screams, his voice cutting through the noise like a knife. Bargain hunters flock to his stall, eager to take advantage of the discounted goods. "Come get your toasty squid for only $15!" another trader shouts, his southern accent adding a touch of charm to his sales pitch. The tantalizing aroma of grilled squid wafts through the air, tempting hungry patrons to part with their hard-earned coin. A third trader joins the chorus, his voice booming above the rest. "Need your weapon sharpened? Only $100 to sharpen by the finest of the best!" he declares, his words drawing the attention of warriors and adventurers in need of a blade that cuts true.

Amidst the hustle and bustle of the marketplace, Pierre remains focused, his eyes scanning the stalls for any sign of danger or opportunity. The Maine Coon beast hisses at any merchants or thieves who try to get too close, its protective instincts in full force as it guards its companion with unwavering loyalty. As they navigate through the throngs of traders and customers, Pierre and the Maine Coon beast remain vigilant, their senses sharp and alert to the ever-changing dynamics of the bustling marketplace. In this city of traders, where fortunes are made and lost in the blink of an eye, they must stay on their guard if they are to emerge unscathed from the chaos that surrounds them.

Staying cautious amidst the bustling marketplace, Pierre's eyes finally land on a trader's stall that catches his attention. The stall offers a variety of goods, from food to new clothes, along with sharpeners and other essentials that Pierre needs to restock his supplies. However, the trader behind the stall is a mutant—a squid-tiger hybrid—that gives Pierre pause.

He taps the Maine Coon beast gently, silently indicating their approach to the stall. 

As they draw nearer, Pierre dismounts from the large cat, his movements deliberate and cautious.

"What can I help you with?" the trader asks, his voice bubbly and friendly despite his intimidating appearance. "Just need a restock," Pierre replies, his tone neutral as he scans his eyes over the items for sale. He remains vigilant, watching for any signs of deception or danger as he assesses the trader's wares. 

"Well then, we have everything from fruits and veggies to jerky, tinned food. Along with clothes, new boots, sharpening materials, essentials such as bullets, knives, rope," the trader says, his voice calm and collected. Pierre nods, selecting rope, a grapple hook, a few bullets, and a restock of foods, placing them on the counter before turning to his companion. "Is there anything you'd like, bud?" he asks the Maine Coon.

"Yes, if that's okay. May I have that ocean-patterned scarf?" the cat replies, emitting a hiss that transforms into a contented mew, accompanied by a toothy grin. The trader behind the stall winces at the hiss but maintains his composure in the face of the Maine Coon's appearance and spoken voice. Pierre obliges, grabbing the patterned blue scarf and placing it on the counter, along with gold coins to pay for their purchases.

"That'll be 245 gold coins," the merchant states as Pierre pays the amount, stuffing the materials into a bag and others into a satchel connected to the saddle on the Maine Coon's back. Finally, he grabs the scarf and delicately places it around the cat's neck, completing their transaction with the trader before continuing on their journey through the bustling marketplace.

CONTINUING INTO THE NEXT PAGE!.
DONT FORGET TO VOTE!