Part 79 The old man came to his parents' house with two little cubs

"You didn't know? My sister said Chief Li and General Fu used to be comrades-in-arms!" Zhang Cuimei looked at her husband in disbelief.

But Mr. Si snapped back to reality, his face darkening, "Nonsense. The two were competitors before. How could he help them?"

Letting it go would be best. After all, Chief Li detested people who used connections to get ahead. He had personally removed several people who got into the bureau through connections. Even a relative of theirs had wanted to get in, but Chief Li couldn't help.

So how could he personally assist them with a household registration transfer?

"Eh?" Zhang Cuimei was stunned by his words, murmuring, "Then apart from the Fu family, who else could get the Chief to personally help?"

She considered a possibility and quickly shook her head, "It must be like that. You only know what's on the surface. Now that the Fu family is doing so well, who wouldn't want to curry favor with them? It's normal for him to help."

"True, I'll ask next time. If it's true, we should really thank the Fu family!" Even though he was puzzled, this indirectly showed that the Fu family valued them, right?

So Mr. Si didn't think much of it.

Not far away, the Fu couple discussed the matter.

"What do you make of today's incident?" Mrs. Fu asked.

Mr. Fu snorted coldly, "Clearly, the police already suspect her. Judging by her reaction, she probably has something to do with this."

This was what he disliked most about their prospective daughter-in-law.

No one wants a daughter-in-law with a shady past.

Mr. and Mrs. Si believed in their own daughter, but they weren't naive. Although Lin Sisi's response was quick, they both saw through her nervousness.

However, revealing the truth about this matter would be bad for both families.

So they chose to remain silent.

Mrs. Zheng also frowned, "She seems quite docile on the surface, but her thoughts are indeed complicated. Ah, I just wanted to find a wife for my son, why is it so difficult?"

She sighed, and at that moment, someone passing by greeted them.

"Isn't this General Fu and Madam Fu? Are you here to discuss the wedding with the Si family?" The newcomer, also a military wife from the same compound, greeted them with a pleased expression.

Mrs. Zheng nodded, "Yes, for my son's wedding, I've been quite worried."

The newcomer laughed, "With Fu Yang being so outstanding, you're still worried? I heard the Si family's household registration was transferred back, and it was thanks to your connections. Isn't the wedding imminent now?"

Upon hearing this, both the Fu couple were taken aback, "We helped? What did we do to help?"

"Eh? I heard from Director Zhang that it was thanks to the good relationship between the General and the Chief of Public Security that the household registration was sorted out so quickly. Don't you know?" The newcomer looked puzzled.

Upon hearing this, Mr. Fu's face immediately darkened.

When did he have a good relationship with the Chief of Public Security? Why didn't he know?

The Fu family despised using connections to get ahead. Even for their own daughter, they wanted her to work hard on her own.

Who would have thought the Si family would use this connection for such things and even spread it around?

How would outsiders view the Fu family now?

Both couples looked uneasy, but faced with each other's puzzled looks, they could only smile and think to themselves, "This is ridiculous."

A few police officers walked out of the compound, and one of them couldn't help but speak up, his face filled with regret, "She's good, she guessed it right!"

The leading officer's face darkened, "Don't disturb the water and alert the fish. If what Comrade Si Nian said is true, then Lin Sisi will definitely go look for this person named Liu Dongdong on her own. We need to keep an eye on her!"

They hadn't expected that Comrade Si Nian had asked them to inquire about Lin Sisi's classmates earlier. At that time, they were puzzled, but now it all made sense.

If Lin Sisi had gone to find her classmates, then the first person she would have approached would be someone she was close to.

But if she was behind this, she wouldn't have had time to see her friends!

Lin Sisi probably thought that the police in this era wouldn't pay much attention to such matters, especially in remote villages, where family members would be less suspicious. She had underestimated Si Nian's persistence.

What she hadn't anticipated was that Si Nian had already calculated that if she was behind it, she would subconsciously try to find an alibi.

Then, she would let the police question all her close friends first and try to trick them.

Sure enough, Lin Sisi slipped up!

She knew all her close friends had been questioned and wouldn't mention their names, so she would find someone less familiar and temporarily unreachable by the police.

Little did she know, there was a third party waiting to take advantage of the situation...

After speaking, he gently held Yao Yao's chubby face and said, "Little Yao Yao, big brother will wash your face for you."

Yao Yao had grown quite a bit, looking even cuter than before.

Lin Yu had never seen such a beautiful and adorable child. Holding the soft little one felt particularly comforting. He kept thinking, "If only I had a younger sister instead of an older one. I would take such good care of her!"

Si Nian had prepared a simple but flavorful noodle soup for the family. Even though it looked simple, the taste was exceptional, different from the noodles they usually made at home.

The two children were slurping up the soup and noodles eagerly, and soon the sounds of their slurping filled the courtyard.

It was just too delicious!

After dinner, Lin's mother hurried to clean up the kitchen, asking her daughter to leave early. Staying at her parents' house for too long could lead to gossip.

Si Nian was wondering how to leave when she took the opportunity to pack up and prepare to leave with the children.

When Lin Yu heard they were leaving, he held Yao Yao, his face choked with reluctance, "Yao Yao, remember to think of me."

Yao Yao didn't understand and just reached out her chubby little hand to touch his face.

Lin's mother gave her son a glance and told Si Nian a few times to come back often to play.

Just as Si Nian was about to leave, the sound of a motorcycle came from the front gate.

She paused and turned to see Zhou Yue, dressed in all black, walking in with his long strides.

Behind him were two little beans, looking anxious and aggrieved, trailing like little tails...

Si Nian: "..."