10

Nivea's POV:

I used my index finger to make circles on Azriel's chest.

"You alright?" He asked huskily.

I turned my head to stare at his face.

His brown eyes pierced into mine as if sending me a silent message. My gaze drifted to his plump lips and he used his tongue to add moisture to them.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"Yes I'm okay." I responded.

I placed my head on his chest and returned to tracing circles.

In all honesty I was a bit disappointed when Azriel had refused to talk to me.

A bit? Girl yuh did shame. If yuh shame tree could a grow bigger it would a grow.

Yuh chat too much man.

My shower after the pep talk with Zari mostly consisted of me overthinking my choice of going on a two week hiatus. He knew nothing about the situation so I had no need to distance. Mi all did think seh Azriel did done wid me to rass. So you can imagine my surprise when I got a call stating he was outside.

"Nivea?" He said in a serious tone.

I adjusted my head on his chest and stared in his eyes.

"Yes?" I asked softly.

"Wapm to yuh?"

I shifted my gaze debating whether I should tell him my thoughts or refrain.

Girl di man a wait enuh.

I rose from my position and sat up.

"Earlier when you said you wouldn't talk to me I felt disappointed. Not only in the response I was given but in myself because my actions caused you to react in that way." I said.

He sighed then sat up and leaned against my headboard.

"I don't chase females Nivea. Suh di run round ting weh yuh did ave mi a do just fi get a response from yuh fi the two week period wasn't a norm. The interest I have in you is something I have only ever felt for my son. Not even him mada mi did feel suh wid and mi did deh wid har from highschool bredda. Every hour pon di hour mi wah know if yuh good, if yuh eat- things that don't even make sense to me." He began.

Him juss confess enuh.

Not the time.

But-

Shut up mi seh.

"So imagine how I felt when mi show up at your door only fi find out seh a ignore yuh did a ignore mi." He said.

I took a deep breath as I processed his words.

"I've never been the one to talk about my feelings since I've known myself. Zariann and Mama have always been able to deal with it so I never had issues when it came on to me distancing from them to sort out my feelings." I stated.

"While I understand your point, remember I am entirely different person. I crave communication and when you shut down or distance without telling me what's wrong there's no way for me to be there for you." He said.

I nodded and stared at the lace at the hem of my shirt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't intend for this to happen." I said softly.

There was movement on the bed before he lifted my chin so that my eyes connected with his.

His thumb gently caressed my cheek and our gaze intertwined.