Chapter 01: The handkerchief

Lisa's POV:

"It's time to start the chapter!"

I announced to the class of 5th graders who were busily arranging their textbooks on their tables.

They all looked up at me in unison and then looked back down into their textbooks, moving like a robot.

"The human body-" my sentence was cut mid-way by the school principal.

"Miss Lisa, the king and Princess Kim are paying a visit to the school. Please bring your class down." She softly spoke with a pleasant smile and nodded before leaving the classroom.

I sighed, frustrated, I closed the Science book in my hand and told the kids to follow suit, and they did. They all made a line and then we went down to greet the royals.

I've met King August many a times but this would be my first time seeing the princess. She must be beautiful, maybe bratty as well?

Who wouldn't be if they are literally floating in wealth and got everything they touched since childhood.

This wouldn't be a pleasant meet now, would it? But maybe I am judging too quickly? Maybe she's kind?

Maybe, yeah, maybe.

Coming down, we stood beside our neighbouring class, I smiled at the teacher to not come out as rude. She noticed and smiled back before looking ahead again.

The principal came on stage and took hold of the mic. "Everyone, today our lovely king and his daughter, Princess Kim Jisoo, are here to pay us a visit. I'm delighted to have them here, please welcome them warmly dear students." She announced before walking down the stage.

A girl wearing a white gown with a black corset appeared on the stage and whispers started erupting from the teachers and students around.

She was a mesmerizing beauty, her smile was contagious, she looked like a princess, she must be Princess Kim.

"My hearty greetings to all the respected teachers and students. I am Kim Jisoo, it's my first time visiting the school along with my father, I am looking forward to spending a good time with you all." She finished it off with a breathtaking smile. When she smiled, her lips formed a heart shape which was adorable.

As time passed by, the teachers and students engaged in fun activities like racing and other sports and Princess Kim was sporty and enthusiastic as well, I can say.

"Miss Lisa, it's your turn!" Mrs. Lee pushed me ahead and cheered me up as I went along with it and participated in the race along with the princess.

As the whistle blew at the count of three, I ran with all my might and just as I had thought, Princess Kim was extremely fast and ended up on 2nd position while I came on 1st position.

She sat down in a corner and breathed heavily, wiping the beads of sweat from her forehead.

I grabbed a watter bottle and silently sat down beside her, waiting for her to calm down. Then, I offered her the bottle of water, she gladly took it and gulped half the bottle down.

"Thank you." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and fanned herself.

"My pleasure, Princess Kim." I put my hand to my left chest and bent my head to show respect.

"What is your name?" She asked me, curiously.

"Lisa, Lalisa Manoban."

"Your age?"

"I'm 27."

"You are young." She exclaimed.

I chuckled, watching her surprised expression. "You look pretty young as well."

"It's because I am young. I am 29." She said, steadily wiping sweat off her body.

Seeing her struggle, I felt my pocket to know if I had a handkerchief with me. Thankfully, I did. Taking it out, I offered it to her as she hesitantly took it.

I watched as she still looked so beautiful even when covered in sweat.

I heard my name being called and looked over to see one of the teachers call me. I fixed my hair and wiped my own sweat with my hand before biding a hurried goodbye to Princess Kim.

"Bye Princess Kim!"